foods good for psoriasis

Posted Wed 5 Jan 2022 13.59 by Nish

Hi all I was wondering if anyone has some top tips for diet suggestions? Ive read that Salmon, blueberries and cherries are very good

Posted Wed 5 Jan 2022 20.34 by Yacht

Very few, if any, studies show psoriasis can be cleared by diet. Eating "clean" is always good practice, though, of course. Vegetables, oily fish, water, etc. Not burgers or sugary pop.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2022 17.57 by lizziep

If you type 'diet' into the search engine and look at forum results, you will see a number of opinions on this.

1 Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 03.48 by Mary1968

Hello Nish Honestly, don't be put off by people saying lack of studies. If you read between the lines, it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, apart from it hasn't been studied much yet :) I use to be in a Facebook group (cannot remember the name at the moment). They had thousands of members, and everyone was using diet to clear. Load of different methods you can try, you just need to find something that suits you Some people find keto helps. Some people find alkaline diets work. Some people find juicing helps. Some find intermittent fasting helps. Some people find restrictive eating helps. Some people find elimination diets help. Lots of people are doing combinations, rather than the one method. I cleared with diet and supplements, and I know from the different forum groups I have been in over the years, that I am certainly not alone It is well-known that wild salmon, sardines and other oily fish are great for skin conditions. I actually took a fish oil supplement when clearing. Good antioxidants in wild blueberries. Not heard of cherries helping skin, although they can help with gout. But you cannot live on salmon, blueberries and cherries alone, and need to find ways to incorporate them into your diet. And even the best diet in the world won't work ......if you are still consuming inflammatory foods or substances. Maybe do a Google search and find anecdotal evidence (based on individual accounts), of what is working for people. Don't follow anything blindly without doing your own research first, and experiment to see what suits you. A naturopath may be of assistance. Have fun!

To take part, sign in or register with us