Psoriasis on Feet

Posted Sun 9 Jan 2022 20.29 by andyc

Hi I have suffered from psoriasis for the last 50 yrs in varying degrees of severity and on different parts of my body in that time. The last 4 years I have had chronic psoriasis on both feet - most likely plaque psoriasis. Its been the most difficult to treat as it won't shift. I started applying 40% urea cream and it helped, but I am still getting cracking and bleeding which is painful. Does anyone have any experience of successful treatment of the feet? Thanks Andy

Posted Sun 9 Jan 2022 22.13 by SharonG

I have PPP on my feet - I use vaseline. Works for me.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 2022 10.16 by Chrisp

I have also suffered from PPP, in my case since 1970. Always on the soles of my feet, and occasionally between my fingers, especially during hot weather. Always worse when stressed. Fortunately I had a GP in the early 70's who had spent time training in dermatology, and recognised Pustular Psoriasis. Having tried several different remedies, he prescribed Metosyn cream, which I believe is a Fluoccinide steroid. It is the only thing that works to relieve the dreadful itching which can leave me scratching 'til I bleed. Fortunately I can still get it from the doctor, and have just pre-ordered a new batch. When I'm away and get a return of the itching, I take a few comfrey leaves and bruise them and apply them to my feet. That can help a little.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 02.27 by Mary1968

I used food grade coconut oil. Aired my feet as much as possible (gave up wearing bed socks). Avoid nylon socks. You could also try a handful of rolled oats or sea salts in a foot bath of warm water.

To take part, sign in or register with us