Make up for psoriasis on face

Posted Sat 29 Jan 2022 17.45 by Elliesiann

Hi everyone, I’ve had psoriasis for 6 years now, most of the time it’s manageable but I’ve had two flare ups where it’s been neck to toe. I’m currently experiencing my third flare up, and for the first time it’s really bad on my face. I’d really like to find some good, tried and tested, foundation that covers up psoriasis well and doesn’t just flake off on your patches. I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations? Would be much appreciated. I don’t have a lot of money to spend, so cheaper the better if at all possible. Thank you! Ell

Posted Sun 30 Jan 2022 09.46 by june13

Ellie! Yes I just found something amazing for facial psoriasis. I was recently diagnosed in my 60s. Always had great skin that I took good care of. Then I wake up to plagues on my face. Ugh! I use La Mer foundation in a compact (not the liquid form). It is absolutely amazing. The compact form is so easy to apply- much easier than liquid form. I can do my makeup in 3 minutes. Set it with a little loose powder and you'll look like a million bucks. Only down side? It's expensive BUT it lasts a long time. Try a sample and see if you like it. Good luck!

Posted Sun 30 Jan 2022 09.56 by june13

Ellie one other thing. If you find La Mer a little pricey I would try a compact foundation or one in a tube at a lower price. The liquid foundations are to challenging to blend on the face over the plaques. It's just a mess. Some people just use samples from different stores all the time. When I was trying to find something for my face I decided to try several things before investing in a foundation. I got little samples from Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's (all in the US) that kept me going for months. Many stores (at least inn US) are happy to give free samples. However with foundation the liquid samples are easier to get than foundation in compacts or tubes. Just experiment with different samples until you find something you want to buy.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 2022 10.05 by june13

Ok last comment. These little samples are most commonly available in department stores. Just find something you want to try and then ask for a sample. There are also product testing companies like Debenhams that will regularly send you beauty samples in exchange for your feedback and ratings. Howver, you really can't completely control what they send. One month might be shampoo, the next month lipstick etc. But it's free and fun. Sorry for rambling on but I love beauty and fashion. Hope this helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us