Methotrexate and bladder problems,

Posted Thu 3 Feb 2022 05.46 by Jammers1014

Does anyone on methotrexate for psoriatic arthritis get frequent and urgent trips to the bathroom? The first and second day after taking my weekly dose it is really really bad. The Third day after taking my weekly dose it starts getting better. It has helped so much with ,my psoriasis and arthritis in my hands and need to stay on it. It also makes me extremely sleepy the first and second day after taking my dose. Hard to deal with the symptoms.

Posted Thu 3 Feb 2022 08.14 by Wendi

Hi, Sorry, yes it does. I take Methotrexate and Sulfasalazine. I have been on it for about 10 months. I take my Methotrexate on a Friday after I finish work for the weekend. This means that it's easier to use the bathroom without worrying about work. It's not pleasant medication but it's better than experiencing pain and stiffness. I find ginger really good for settling your stomach. I hope this helps.

Posted Fri 4 Feb 2022 07.45 by Nanafran

Hi, I can't say I've noticed the urgency for the loo but I can definitely relate to the extreme tiredness. I went from the tablets to injection last year, since then I have to spend the 2nd and 3rd day in bed! I'm totally floored. I suffer with chronic Fatigue Syndrome anyway so I suppose this doesn't help. I'm currently off work but don't know how I am going to manage when I return. I don't really want to take the injection on a weekend because that means missing out on seeing the grandchildren etc. It's a nightmare.

To take part, sign in or register with us