Can we still get free lateral flow tests

Posted Sun 27 Mar 2022 20.14 by Helen ST

Hi, I've been a member on here for years but very rarely ask a question. I'm on Methotrexate and Leflunomide for my PPP Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis. For those of us in the UK does anyone know if we are still able to get free lateral flow tests? The reason I ask is I have had a positive PCR result and I'm still testing positive on lateral flow tests. This is day 13 of testing positive, I have cut them down to every other day as I now only have 1 test left. I have been signed of work for 2 weeks and have been told not to go back to work until I feel better.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2022 11.01 by lizziep (edited Mon 28 Mar 2022 11.01 by lizziep)

Hi Helen- I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. They have said 'the vulnerable', so quite possibly you will. In the meantime, they are `£2 each in Boots if you are desperate.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2022 11.31 by OhNo_NotAgain?

@Helen, as of last week we coul;d still order them online for free in Scotland. I am not sure the situation in England, as we still have many covid restrictions up here. To see if you can order, you can go here and click the start-now button: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests?msclkid=8f14bc25ae8111eca594ee4800c1cf43 If you are actually signed off work, then your GP practice who signed you off should also be able to advise, or even try calling 111 as a start. But try online first. You might need to sign-up to set up a log-in, I did that last year when I registered for the vaccine. Good luck.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2022 12.17 by Helen ST

Thanks folks, still no luck on the gov.uk site, I suspect that won't change now do to free tests stopping on the 1st of April. Will just have to purchase them I suppose..... It's hard because although I did my 11 days isolation as of this morning day 14, I'm still positive. So far I've had to cancel blood tests, breast scan and tooth removal because they obviously don't want me entering hospital while covid positive.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2022 16.45 by lizziep (edited Mon 28 Mar 2022 16.46 by lizziep)

Helen - it might be worth ringing your pharmacy to see if they have any, as they are free to us at the moment, it is just a question of getting hold of them!

Posted Thu 31 Mar 2022 19.15 by Helen ST

I. cant believe it day 16 and still a very strong positive. I've tried most local pharmacies with no luck, I did download a QR code if I manage to get hold of some. Thanks for all replies.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 2022 21.49 by mike andrews

Out of interest after many months of free test kits. Why should they be free for ever. Just asking?

Posted Sat 2 Apr 2022 10.04 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi all I am on Sterlara and called 119 about 6 weeks ago as I had not received my priority PCR test to keep at home. After much transferring between different people and confirmation of NHS and hospital letters I had received, they put me on 'the list'. I received my PCR priority test and was assured that if I tested positive I should get antivirals. I questioned why I had not been on 'the list' and they said unfortunately it has not worked properly and people needed to call in to be included. It's worth a check as if you are eligible for antivirals, you should be able to get LFTs and a priority PCR. M

Posted Thu 14 Apr 2022 00.06 by WillT

I have ordered some today and if you have a (immune system) medical condition you can still order

To take part, sign in or register with us