Diagnosed with Psoriasis at 61

Posted Wed 13 Apr 2022 17.21 by moyat@yahoo.com

I’ve recently been diagnosed with psoriasis. Which is very severe over my whole body except neck, face and head. Doctor thinks it may have resulted from a throat infection. I would like to know if anyone else at my age has been diagnosed with psoriasis, what treatment they had and did it clear up. Many thanks Moya

Posted Fri 15 Apr 2022 23.41 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hello Moya, sorry to hear you have been suffering and newly diagnosed. Sadly P can affect at any age young or old. I was late teenage years but my Father has recently been diagnosed at 90. A throat infection is something known to bring on or make P worse. As far as treatment went my Father was given the usual creams, then was prescribed an oral drug for a few months. He now is managing it with dovobet ointment oh and moisturiser helps. I hope you find something that works.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 2022 08.14 by moyat@yahoo.com

Thank you for info

Posted Fri 22 Apr 2022 05.27 by Mary1968

Hello Moya Late life onset of psoriasis, is actually extremely common I have met many people who have have never ever had psoriasis, then suddenly got it when they were in their 60s and 70s Main triggers seem to be a strep throat infection, or stress resulting from a shock (death of spouse)

Posted Wed 4 May 2022 21.44 by anna.sword1960@gmail.com

Hi all you lovely people I too have been diagnosed with psoriasis, scalp ,inverse,guttate. Now I have applied the enstilar to scalp can I in the morning apply cocois ointment straight to scalp before I wash off the enstilar ,,,I have to say I have been using it correctly at moment but it was just an idea I had any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated

Posted Thu 5 May 2022 01.54 by OhNo_NotAgain?

@anna, i am not sure the value in applying the cocois and then immediately washing it off. I do not see that you would derive any benefit from the cocois.

To take part, sign in or register with us