New to psoriasis need help advice

Posted Mon 9 May 2022 13.59 by Rhianne grace

Hi recently my psoriasis has flared up all over my body with no triggers. I already suffer with depression and going out at the moment is near impossible because I'm sick of people staring and moving away from me. I have been doctors and given a cream that didnt work then got given another cream but still the same as before.Would anyone have some advice on how you dealt with having psoriasis. Many thanx

Posted Sun 15 May 2022 01.03 by Mary1968

Hello Rhianne grace There must have been a trigger of some sort Did you know that chronic depression can trigger flares. A quote from PubMed : "Psoriasis and depression amplify each other. Supporting evidence has proven multiple common mechanisms between the two diseases: inflammatory overlap, genetic evidence, low vitamin D3, and melatonin levels are common in both psoriasis and depression". Most psoriasis and depression sufferers are also low in zinc, omegas and B12 Go to your doctor and get blood saliva tests done for deficiencies. Find out what you are deficient in, then start a diet rich in these nutrients, and take some supplements as added support. If you can afford it, also maybe see a naturopath for some hair and stool analysis You will probably notice a huge positive difference within 6 months, for both depression and psoriasis. Otherwise, just keep trying different creams.

Posted Mon 16 May 2022 11.59 by Rhianne grace

Thank you. I already suffer with coeliac disease an autoimmune disease to do with food I'm allergic to wheats, oats, barley, rye and gluten. I am going for a blood test in a couple of days so hopefully something will come up. Thanx for your advice much appreciated.

To take part, sign in or register with us