Steroid withdrawal -red skin syndrome

Posted Fri 13 May 2016 10.00 by Tgdn
On my hands and feet first time 3 months ago(age 48).

Hi I just got outbreak of ppp few months ago and after many trial-errors found something that worked.but now I think flare up is gone but something like red skin syndrome going on;red,hot,itchy burning skin,cracks (fissures) and peeling (some scaling but much less than when flared the palmoplantar pustular psoriasis) but altogether different apearance and feeling.is this some stage or different kind of psoriasis or this steroid withdrawal that I read about online?does anyone have this experience I m still waiting to c dermatologist for the first time to diagnose or confirm gp diagnosis.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 2017 23.10 by Betti

Hi I've had 3 outbreaks of this and still on/off. Skin is sore and tender when stretched in any way. My consultant had never heard of red skin syndrome when I suggested it to him!! Biopsy came back as P but never seen P looking like that. It's under control for now and trying to stay away from dermovate ( but this is only cream that helps the redness) as it bumps up blood sugars. Catch 22 . Has your calmed down now? What did doc diagnose?

To take part, sign in or register with us