COVID Vaccine Flare Up

Posted Fri 19 Aug 2022 22.30 by Callen2612

Hi. I am new here. I have been told I have psorasis on my legs after a year of various different diagnosis. I have never suffered with it before and it showed up two weeks after I had my first COVID jab.. I had astrazeneca. I definitely think there's a link but I never knew it until I read it on a Facebook psorasis support group recently. I have a drs appointment on 31st aug as it seems to be spreading up my legs to my knees.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 2022 20.54 by TINA

I have had psoriasis for the last 60 years. For the last 18 years I have kept it under control with Dovobet, lots of emollients & Capasal* shampoo. It wasn't great but it was stable and didn't itch much. I was fine after the first three Covid jabs but recently had the fourth one (Moderna). A week later I went down with Covid itself and within a few days had the most awful flare-up, covered from head to foot (apart from scalp strangely) with burning, itching red patches. I blamed the Covid initially but having read all the previous posts, am wondering if it was the vaccination - or probably the combination of both together was just too much for an overactive immune system. Has anyone else experienced a flare-up after having Covid rather than the jab? *Capasal works brilliantly for me. Much better than all the ghastly greasy creams and potions I used before.

Posted Tue 6 Sep 2022 15.04 by Kaz

I had this happen to me as well. Lived with it on elbows, knees etc for 40+ years. After booster jab (pfizer) erupted with gutate all-over my body. To be fair my gp was quick to refer me to the dermatologist and I quickly started on a course of light therapy. It cleared it up no problem but now 3 months later it is starting to come back again.🙁

Posted Tue 6 Sep 2022 15.20 by EmmaB

Oh bless ya all, but as you all know I had a terrible flare up after the Pfizer jab . I am awaiting to start immunosuppressants , this last year has been awful for me. I got worse after my 2nd jab because all the doctors said it wasn’t because of that. I just had my bloods taken to make sure my liver and kidney function is all good but because it is psoriasis in my eyes and they are so delicate This is my only hope :) trying to stay positive

Posted Mon 19 Sep 2022 10.06 by Winter

After my first vaccination, my psoriasis didnt really flare up. Second vaccination, I had a slight flare up Third vaccination, I had a severe flare up that lasted a month or 2 than it receded back to pre vaccination levels (Before i had covid twice)

To take part, sign in or register with us