Living in a clean environment

Posted Wed 22 Jun 2022 18.00 by Livingwell

My son has severe psoriasis/eczema and his hands are permanently swollen and quite raw. As a result he is unable to clean anything in his flat with more than a water damp cloth. We cannot source any type of protective gloves that will fit and not increase the irritation on his hands. Any suggestions?? His hands can become immobile due to swelling and cuts, he calls them “Lego” hands.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 2022 01.39 by Mary1968 (edited Sat 25 Jun 2022 01.40 by Mary1968)

Hello What sort of glove has he tried? Latex would be a bad choice, but unbleached organic cotton or hemp or bamboo gloves may help, as very soft and non-irritating. I clean my entire flat with warm water and vinegar or warm water and essential oil (lavender is good for psoriasis/eczema). I don't use any chemical cleaning products at all due to health reasons If he can afford it, maybe he could hire a cleaner instead.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 2022 04.38 by Livingwell

We have tried buying organic cotton but the gloves are never big enough. I presume you wear natural material gloves inside waterproof gloves to clean using warm water? Unfortunately he cannot afford a cleaner. Thank you for the bamboo and hemp suggestions, we will look into those options

To take part, sign in or register with us