Vitamin C, E and B vitamins for nail psoriasis

Posted Wed 20 Jul 2022 21.07 by Jules

Hi, I'm posting this as I hope it will help someone else. I have mild psoriasis with scalp psoriasis and mild nail involvement. My nails have been brittle and crumbly for years and basically never grow. I also have another autoimmune skin condition called granuloma annulare and read recently that the above vitamins can help, so I ordered B vitamins which came with Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. I started these about 6 weeks ago. My granuloma annulare is disappearing, but for the first time in years I actually have fingernails growing - it's really amazing! I have tried diet, gluten-free and Vitamin D in the past which haven't worked for me, but I'm amazed that something with the above combination is working and have just read an article about Vitamin C helping. Anecdotal obviously, but I wanted to share.

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.04 by Mary1968

:) Anecdotal is normally the best advice - you can pick up some great gems from other peoples experiences. Vitamin E is well-known for its role in clearing psoriasis. I have only every used a cream. Never taken a supplement with it in before. When I was clearing from psoriasis I was consuming a lot of Vitamin C - from food mainly. In winter, I take a Vitamin C and Zinc supplement powder (to help protect against flu), and my nails grow super super fast when I take it. Thank you for taking the time to post such useful information........ I am surprised nobody else has commented thus far.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 2022 10.42 by Joy

Hi where did you get the vitamin B,C and E tablets from? I’ve looked in a few places and can’t find that combination..

Posted Sat 17 Sep 2022 05.57 by Mary1968

Joy You have to take separate supplements usually My only combined supplement is a powder of Vitamin C with Zinc Don't take a Complex ; as they are not strong enough I buy them from my naturopath You could try a health food shop

To take part, sign in or register with us