PIP

Posted Wed 28 Sep 2022 11.39 by chazz
Can't wear things I want to wear. Makes me feel ugly depressed. Always hide my skin. Iv had this 7 years and can't just accept it

Hi everyone this is my first time on writing a question. So iv been advised I can apply for PIP for my server psoriasis I am covered all over apart from my face, but also it has a mental effect on me, it’s currently really bad, iv been on methotrexate which worked and then beginning of this year it stopped working, it was then stopped and then I was put on Otezal which I was taking for 5 months and still it’s done nothing for me, I saw my dermatologist this week after crying so much to her about it’s effecting me she’s putting in for funding for the injections. Am just concerned that if i apply for pip and by time I have an assessment these injections may have help my skin so they won’t see how bad it does get. I already feel embarrassed by my skin I just don’t want to feel silly going and them seeing it and it looks better but how I have it now is how bad it gets. Am just unsure if to put in for it for that reason.

Posted Sat 8 Oct 2022 23.21 by sian_midget1998

I have this issue, I’ve been put on injection and so far it is clearing my skin but I also have psa and I worry cause it no longer as severe would I get declined yet my psa has not improved.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 2022 18.13 by chazz
Can't wear things I want to wear. Makes me feel ugly depressed. Always hide my skin. Iv had this 7 years and can't just accept it

Hi Sian, this is my worry but then they have to understand that it isn’t a cure and it can flare up at anytime,Have you applied for it?

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 09.20 by Djgregory74

Sorry for late reply, was just scanning through as about to start on cyclosporin, I am on PIP primarily for mental health issues but compounded by psoriasis particularly for Bathing as I'm sure you understand. PIP considers how you are for a 12 month period, 3 months before your application and what is expected for the next 9 months. Would advise you apply, based on last 3 months, base this on your worst days as they will view your application with rose tinted glasses if you highlight your best days. You can always withdraw your application if the treatment works. If it only works a bit then your history gives you a reasonable expectation that the following 9 months will be similar / worse to how you are at tye time. An accompanying letter from your GP or dermatologist would go a long way, some are really helpful with this and some are not. I had help with my application from Disability direct and my local council which was really helpful.

To take part, sign in or register with us