Critical illness insurance

Posted Thu 13 Oct 2022 21.15 by Manda57

I have been trying to find insurance for critical illness if I was to have a long time off work, in case I develop any other illnesses, I also have crohns and bronchiectasis 😕 I've found out recently that insurance brokers will not cover people who have Psoriatic Arthritis. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know if there is is any insurance companies who would cover pre existing illnesses? Or cover in case of any new illness?

Posted Thu 13 Oct 2022 23.15 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Speaking from experience in the UK it is common for the critical illness cover and similarly private health insurance to not cover pre existing conditions. Not saying there may be some out there that will cover you but all factors will be taken into account for the risk and that will probably increase the rates. Have you checked out any life insurance companies that include this as an add-on? Good luck.

1 Posted Thu 27 Oct 2022 16.40 by TyroneHicks

The loss ratio on critical illness policies tend to be low, so they’re very profitable. Most people won’t file for the $100 reimbursement. Many don’t get regular physicals. Some forget about the benefit. Some never knew they had it. Some simply forget they actually have the critical illness benefit so won’t file. A lot don’t bother to file.

To take part, sign in or register with us