New to the forum but not psoriasis

Posted Sun 20 Nov 2022 01.49 by ShellyW64

Hi everyone. I’ve had psoriasis of varying degrees for 42 years. Only time I’ve been free of it was each time I was pregnant with my 3 children. I’ve mostly just treated it at home with ointments prescribed by my GP but have had 3 rounds of light treatment years apart. I’m have a really bad flare at the moment and usual treatments aren’t working so have a dermatology appointment at the end of the month. At the moment it’s affecting every part of my body including my nails, my face is clear but it’s starting on my forehead so hoping I can stop in spreading to the rest of my face. The palms and soles of my feet are also clear. I have always steered clear of systemic treatments because of the side effects, due to continuous scalp psoriasis my hair is already thin so I really don’t want to take something that will make me lose more but seriously thinking of broaching the subject at the appointment. I’d love to hear the experiences from older ladies who have had systemic treatments to help me decide if I should go this route or just stick with another round of light treatment. Thanks for reading.

To take part, sign in or register with us