Doomed to a life of suffering

Posted Fri 9 Dec 2022 14.43 by josh93

After over a decade of Psoriasis, fighting to get treatment and ineffective treatment I have realised I am just doomed to a life of suffering and embarresment. In some countries people simply inject a biologic once every 3 months and Psoriasis no longer is an issue in their life. In UK it is a life long needless suffering that destroys your life. Oh woe is me. I look forward to death.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 2022 11.36 by psoriasis association (admin)Mod

Hi josh93, I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling with your psoriasis and that it is impacting your life. If you need support, information or just someone friendly to talk to, then please get in touch with our helpline where one of our friendly advisers may be able to help you. You can: Call - 01604 251 620 Email - mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk WhatsApp - 07387 716 439 The helpline is open Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm. Wishing you the best, Georgia, Psoriasis Association

Posted Sun 1 Jan 2023 01.24 by Snik

Did you did cosentix or humira or both already? I understand very well, I'm on my 3 treatment, 2 biological and my body finds a way to adapt and the efficient goes to ... The fear of insecurity, a the every day PAIN put someone on the edge every day, you just want for a break. Please don't give up, I know that the doctors give up on our disease for many years because it's too difficult or no financial gain but things are changing new treatments coming, is very easy to fail, difficult to prevail and most times friends and employers don't understand our battle. I hope that your doctor finds you the treatment that your deserve for a break, just be patient for a bit longer

Posted Sat 7 Jan 2023 21.54 by Bobby

Hi Josh Your post struck a chord with me and I can relate to your frustration and anguish. I understand how depressing it is to have to go through so many treatments that are often ineffective. I do want to reassure you that you are definitely not doomed to a life of embarrassment and suffering and there is help and support out there for people like you and me. A big positive step for you would be to speak to people who understand, and can relate to, exactly what you are going through. I would encourage you to use the Psoriasis Association Helpline. I have used it myself and speaking to someone who was understanding and sympathetic was really helpful. Please talk to someone. I sincerely hope 2023 is the year you get the support you deserve. Bobby

To take part, sign in or register with us