PSORIASIS AND MENOPAUSE

Posted Tue 3 Jan 2023 17.45 by VARSHA P

Having psoriasis since last 30 years. Using Tacrolimus at the moment. But since last 2 to 3 months flare ups are more over the whole body due to Pre menopause. Has anybody experienced this and if yes then what have you done please. Because applying ointment all over the body does not seem right. Even though I have to do that. Please suggestion would be helpful.

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 15.37 by RachelB
Hello. Psoriasis for 35, psoriatic arthritis suspected 6 years, diagnosis one year

Hi. Mine also flared badly with the start of the menopause. You may want to consider either the UVB light therapy that treats your whole body or systemic meds like methotrexate. Good luck.

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 17.50 by Mandy

Hi I'm new to this ,I'm going through menopause and going through a massive flare up all over my body from head to toe. I really bad plaque psoriasis I have just started on Tremfya will this drug work for me !! Do you take HRT has it helped with any symptoms....I'm going stir crazy !!

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 18.14 by VARSHA P

Hi Mandy Still not done blood test for Menopause. Just home testing as my periods irregular. Going to see gp next week. At the moment doing diet control. No sugar no caffeine. Trying to drink lots of water and green tea. Considering to take Hrt as I have heard it will help psoriasis symptoms. All the best as I guess it's going to bumpy ride ahead.

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 18.24 by Mandy

I hope so I'm at the docter tomorrow evening ,il keep you posted on the out come .

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 19.10 by VARSHA P

Yes that would be great.

To take part, sign in or register with us