Raising Awareness about Psoriasis

Posted Wed 11 Jan 2023 09.43 by Natasha Walker

Hi everyone, A little back story about me, I have suffered from Psoriasis since I was 13 (I am now 24). In the beginning it completely covered my body and I was fortunate enough to have light therapy which cleared most of it up. Now I just get flare ups (like everyone) which is easier to handle with creams. As this condition has been a huge part of my life I feel it is very personal to me and have always wanted to raise awareness about this condition which is massively misunderstood. I remember when I first met my boyfriend he asked me 'can I catch it of you!' I am in my final year of University studying Fashion and Textiles Design and have decided to do my final project on the skin and the body's reaction to external stimulus. For my research I need to collate a range of images of skin and skin conditions and therefore just using my skin is not enough. I was wondering would anyone be happy to send me photos of their skin for me to use in my research? It would be anonymous (unless you wanted different) and I would need fairly good quality photos if possible. My email is tashlwalker@hotmail.co.uk if anybody is willing to partake, but please do contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks very much :)

Posted Fri 13 Jan 2023 11.03 by Nelly

Hi Natasha I have psoriasis on my feet. I would be happy to send you some photos if you they are what you are looking for. Thanks Neil

Posted Fri 13 Jan 2023 14.32 by Natasha Walker

Hi Neil, That would be great thank you very much:)

Posted Fri 13 Jan 2023 16.40 by Nelly

No worries Natasha I'll will email them to you, good luck with the research 👍

To take part, sign in or register with us