Feeling depressed

Posted Fri 20 Jan 2023 22.38 by valtaylor

I’ve had scalp psoriasis since I was a child but wasn’t really diagnosed until I was older and was treated as bad dandruff. I’ve managed to control it but mid way last year it got extremely bad and I had a flare up. Managed to get it under control but I’ve now got it on my face on my eyes under my eyebrows and around my mouth. My skin itches like crazy, my skin is sore and I feel embarrassed to leave my house. My skin is red and it’s like I have dandruff on my face flaking everywhere. My GP has been prescribing me 1% cortisol creams for nearly a year. She’s finally put me on something different a 2% Nizaris but it doesn’t seem to be doing much. Some days simply opening my mouth to eat is painful as my lips crack and it feels like I had a blade make little cuts all around my mouth. I can’t get a dermatologist appointment till April and can’t afford to go private. Had anyone else experienced this type of psoriasis? Especially on the lips? I’m trying to understand what other options for treatments are available.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 2023 10.04 by psoriasis association (admin)Mod

Hi valtaylor, We're sorry to hear that you have been struggling with your scalp psoriasis and dry skin and that you are feeling a little lost with treatments. If you would like to speak to someone directly, feel free to get in touch with our confidential helpline where one of our friendly advisors will do their best to help. You can get in touch by phone on 01604 251 620, email at mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk or WhatsApp on 07387 716 439. Best wishes, Georgia

To take part, sign in or register with us