My son is 6 and has psoriasis

Posted Sat 16 Jul 2016 07.57 by dizzyjai83

Hi, this is my first post. My son is 6 and last year was diagnosed with psoriasis, he has a large plaque on his leg and now about 100 smaller guttate pieces all over his body and his scalp is 50% covered, plus 5 of his toes are yellow nails and red toes. He is under a derm but he gives me no support just bags full of cream that really I don't see making the slightest bit of difference. Was looking forward to the sunshine but to be honest it's only got worse since the better weather. I know this will get worse as he gets older and I'm fed up of people saying he will grow out of it. He's a confident boy and popular at school I don't want this terrible disease to ruin that for him. He has a bedwetting problem too and often wonder if it's related. I just needed to tell people that would listen and know how it feels. I love him so much I wish I could take it away from him, it's runs on both sides of the family but my dad had it from the age of 20 and growing up I never saw him in tshirts and shorts xx

To take part, sign in or register with us