Large Painful Flakes

Posted Tue 8 Aug 2023 11.18 by inflamedwarrior

I have severe psoriasis and it is so much more painful than it was several years ago. My scales used to be red and if I left them dry out the psoriasis would be covered by small white flakes. Now however the flakes on some of my patches are the size of cornflakes and much thicker and painful. The dovobet prescribed doesn't do anything to the larger flakes and I bath in dead sea salt to remove the flakes but they return very quickly and where present or not I am in constant pain. I will be starting a biologic so am hopeful the skin will clear to an extent but wondered what others do to counter this (I don't smoke or drink). Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 8 Aug 2023 15.46 by PrincessDi

I live in the US and have been on 2 different biologics mainly due to insurance issues. I was on Enbrel for 5 years and now have been on Humira for 6. I am completely clear and have been on both. One of my doctors prescribed Valisone or what some call Betamethasone Valerate I think, I would put the whole tube in a bottle of lotion like Lubriderm and put that on at night and wrap myself with saran wrap. It may sound crazy but it was the only thing that seemed to help relieve how sore my woogs would get. They never went away with that but just helped relieved the painfulness. Good luck with the biologics they have changed my life.

To take part, sign in or register with us