High Blood pressure..

Posted Sun 20 Aug 2023 08.35 by Liam-Hewitt

Morning all.. Come across this group through googling. Recently found out I’ve got high blood pressure.. I’m 42 years old and suffered with Psoriasis from a young age. Multiple hospital stays for treatment, the last year is the worst it’s been. Used all creams/ointments steroid types mostly. So getting to the point Psoriasis is linked to Kidney disease which can also be the reason for High blood pressure. As anyone suffered with Kidney problems or high blood pressure?

Posted Mon 21 Aug 2023 20.49 by New2This

Hi @Liam-Hewitt Welcome to the group and I'm sorry to hear the last year hasn't been good for you. I take beta blockers to help with my blood pressure and anxiety but I don't have a great deal of experience in this area. However, I'm sure many of the kind people on this site will be able to offer more advice and support.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 2023 08.54 by Silver Fox

Hi @Liam-Hewitt I have "raised" rather than high blood pressure. My Doc said this would in the past have been considered "normal" but, when they introduced a cheap treatment (statins) they lowered the low, medium, raised, high bands by about 20mg. He told me just to monitor regularly. My solutions to this have been 1) I started a herbal ayurvedic remedy for mild-medium blood pressure. Mukta Vati. This reduced it to normal 2} I lost weight using a high animal protein/ fat diet. Minimal white carbs. Just veg and a little fruit. I've lost 2 stone this way as well as (with supplements) all but clearing my psoriasis (95%) 3) weaned off the mukta vati 4) reduced alcohol intake. It was way too high. I still often enjoy a glass of wine with food and occasionally drink more if out with friends. I have in the past twice had kidney stones for which I was hospitalised. I don't know if this was caused by other issues - overweight, standard american diet, alcohol. All I can say is that High BP is a symptom of something or multiple things and drugs never get to the root cause of it which I believe is often nutrition and lifestyle. Also docs always recommend plant based diets but plants are more difficult to digest for humans than good quality animal and dairy products and therefore more inflammatory. This is why I have gone the opposite way. What I've learned since I got psoriasis about 20 years ago is that what works for people nutritionally is highly individual. We have to try one thing, then another and another until we find a regime that works for us. Good luck on your journey

To take part, sign in or register with us