Psoraisis remission during holidays

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2023 15.01 by BenD

Hi all, So about 6 months ago we went to Puglia on holidays, rented a bungalow house with an outdoor pool. My psoriasis was up and down as usual before the holiday, generally triggered by what I thought was certain foods and alcohol consumption. During the holiday, after 1 week, I noticed my psoriasis go completely into remission, patches went flat and started to fade. This was unusual as I was generally eating similar foods to those at home and I was drinking more red wind than usual, a lot more! It didn't make any sense but after doing some research, I figured that the following changes could have been responsible: 1. Sunlight - it was really warm, we went on a lot of walks in daytime, maybe my Vit D was better 2. Swimming pool - the swimming pool was baltic cold, painfully cold. I managed to brave it only a few times during the 2 weeks and I would be cold/ cool inside for the rest of the day. 3. Grounding - was the remission due to always being walking around bare foot on concrete floors or outside on paving around the pool I now ground as much as possible, take vit D supplement and try to get as much sunlight on my skin as possible and I take cold showers due to the benefits of cold therapy. I have reduced my gluten intake and did an IGG test which found I have an intolerance to milk/ dairy so reduced this also. My psoriasis symptoms have improved i.e. less angry. Btw, food wise on the holiday, I was eating breads, pastas, cannoli, pastries, gelato, flat breads which is all stuff I'm trying to avoid now so this is why this was so unusual as research states psoriasis is linked to leaky gut, microbial, gut health etc. I know this info isn't very helpful but just putting this out there. Thanks.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2023 21.56 by PrincessDi

I live in North Carolina in the US and had a flareup after thinking I had outsmarted the psoriasis by backing off my biologic meds, I paid for that. Long story short I bought a blow up pool off of ebay and although our yard slopes we put it up anyway. I stayed in it this summer as much as I could and always saw my psoriasis improve. After the flare up which lasted about 2 years I believe I am finally getting it back under control. I definitely am a believer that the sun, the pool, and taking vitamin D3 helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us