What does healing look like?

Posted Thu 21 Sep 2023 10.23 by suzW

I’ve got severe plaque psoriasis and 2 months into carnivore diet. My plaques have pretty much disappeared but I still have large red, very dry patches all over which seem to just keep getting bigger. It feels like it’s getting better and worse at the same time. Would love to hear what healing looked like for others with plaque psoriasis. I used to have thick plaques that would easily cause bleeding if scratched or peeled off. Now I just look like I have super dry red skin or on some patches the plaques are very thin and small.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 2023 18.33 by steph

It sounds like its going slowly but surely and i suggest you moisturise everyday to smooth it out.(or use a light vitamin d ointment from the GP to keep it moist and help in the healing process) I personally find the redness is the hardest to clear. Mine looks like a rash but smooth as I always moisturise. When it starts to clear it tends to clear from the inner patches first, and sometimes it looks wider spread but better at the same time. Its awful, mine is really bad at the moment getting me down. I have to wear above the elbow for work so its just on show. The flat smooth rash is better then skin flaking everywhere though so keep it moisturised, something I have neglected at times! Steph

Posted Wed 25 Oct 2023 16.05 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

I'm on Enstillar for plaque psoriasis on my lower back. They went from about a 6 day cycle of falling off and recrusting to clear in a couple of weeks.. All that's left is a flat red mark which is fading slowly and is slightly dry. I'm currently tapering down the Enstillar to minimize risk of a rebound and moisturizing.

To take part, sign in or register with us