Meet up

Posted Fri 22 Sep 2023 14.09 by Hannah

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any psoriasis meet ups or support groups? I have never been to anything of the sort & the forums are great but I really think it could be beneficial to meet other people face to face going through similar challenges & tribulations. Would anyone else think something like this would be a good idea? P.s I am from Surrey/ Kent area.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 2023 14.54 by S.
40years

Hi Hannah! That’s a really interesting question. I’ve come to the conclusion ( could be wrong, obviously) that a lot of (most?) P-sufferers are introverts, which is a direct consequence of the affliction I think that’s the beauty of this forum; people can offer and request advice without having to meet in person. Having had P for a long time, I still haven’t got over the “shame” of having it, which sounds really pathetic. I think it would take somebody a lot braver than I ( not difficult!🤣) to openly admit to having P. I do hope I’m wrong and that you DO find others who would like to meet up, if it would help you. I think the response will be interesting, either way. Good luck.👍🙂

Posted Sat 23 Sep 2023 07.36 by lizziep (edited Sat 23 Sep 2023 07.36 by lizziep)

The hospital where I was treated in Leicester advertised a local group, but to be honest I never felt like joining it as I don't like the look of my own psoriasis so don't really want to look at anyone else's! I agree with S that the forum is as good a way of asking questions as there could be - the rest of the time, let's try to forget we are afflicted.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 19.36 by Faraz (edited Fri 19 Jan 2024 19.37 by Faraz)

Yes hennah , its good idea to meetup. , if anyone interested can leave here contact. Mine IG: faraz_jay

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 19.37 by Faraz

Sc: faraz_jay

Posted Sat 2 Mar 2024 11.41 by Bowman

I'll join this one - could be interesting to see if it's possible (i guess if it can be done in the UK, we should also be able to do it in DK) - right? :O)

To take part, sign in or register with us