Genital flare up

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2023 16.34 by Shev

Looking for any advice. I have had a massive flare up on my genitals. It’s so painful to do anything and nothing I put on seems to help.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2023 20.48 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Not being a male I can only imagine what you are suffering. A sensitive area .Try soaking in an oatmeal bath to soothe the skin. Have you seen a dermatologist?

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2023 20.50 by PrincessDi

Any idea what may have cause the flare? Vitamin D3 cool compresses even over the counter creams like hydrocortisone

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2023 21.04 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Ask doc for trimovate or lotriderm if not already tried.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 2023 15.01 by PrincessDi

Also one called Desonide Lotion ,05% prescribed for sensitive skin fold areas.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 2023 12.22 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Overseas I was prescribed Triderm, and in UK Trimovate. it cleared up my issues. I appeared to have a mix of psoriasis and a fungal element, inverse psoriasis even. I now use a lightly medicated powder in any folds of the skin after showering. No recurrance for over 1 year.

Posted Sun 8 Oct 2023 13.48 by Iain56

Hi,I am new to this forum,but I can sympathise as I do get the same flare ups,I was prescribed diplomatic 0.05%,it does help but I had to shower twice daily and apply twice daily,I hope this helps

Posted Sun 8 Oct 2023 13.49 by Iain56

Not diplomatic lol diprosalic sorry

Posted Sat 21 Oct 2023 12.31 by RosyPosy

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum but not to psoriatic arthritis, spondylitis and scoliosis among other things. I am 91 and have recently had a lot of stress with a bad flare up in my genital area. I use curatoderm ointment. It's very hard to apply, greasy and sticky, once a day at night. I have Vaseline to moisturize with but that is also greasy and both make a mess of my pants. I have an unpredictable bowel with IBS and Diverticular disease. I was wearing incontinence pads just in case! But they made the discomfort so much worse that I am not at present using them. Keeping cool in my crotch area is also important. Being disabled I use a recliner chair and am at my most 'comfortable' on my back. Sitting up really straight is a no no. I have read about a product called CURA VE which has great praise from users. It is an US product but easily available here in the UK. I am very tempted to try it and wonder whether anyone else here uses it? I would be very interested to know.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 2023 11.57 by garry.clarke@live.co.uk

First time sufferer here and the flare up is focussed on my groin and buttocks. Lucky enough to have seen a private dermatologist who says it’s plaque and have been prescribed Enstilar initially. I’m moisturising with double base also.. Any other suggestions to soothe symptoms / itch and to help clear up welcomed…

Posted Mon 23 Oct 2023 16.27 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Agree with lotriderm. I tried prescribed timodine (nappy rash cream) for a while but it didn't sort it. Lotriderm cleared groin flexures and natal cleft (arsecrack) in a couple of weeks. Creaming, letting it soak in, and applying medical gauze between buttocks or thigh/groin helps. You don't say exactly where it is. If it's on your penis are you sure it's psoriasis? Could be BXO or fungal. BXO can respond positively to steroid creams.

To take part, sign in or register with us