Info

Posted Sun 5 Nov 2023 20.03 by Katharine

Just joined the forum, didn't know it existed.... So down with the pain and itchy skin. It's ruined my nails and my life. I'm only given steroid cream and emulsion, which I use daily in shower. Daresnt use deodorant, get my hair done, nails done. Sounds superficial but after a major stroke that left me disabled, I didn't need this extra stress... Don't know where to turn to next. I keep going to doctors to be given more creams.. It's everywhere, every part of my body and it's been exasperated by my last covid booster??

Posted Sun 5 Nov 2023 20.05 by Katharine

Please let me know if anyone has suffered this too.

Posted Sun 5 Nov 2023 21.42 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with it. GPs have a protocol to follow which slowly increases the level of steroids prescribed. Mine couldn't go to Dermovate (strongest) without a consultant prescribing it. Same goes for other initial treatments like Enstillar foam. Certain forms can be triggered by infections - one of the suggested interventions is having your tonsils removed. My current flare followed hot on the heels of a bout of COVID. Ask your GP to refer you to dermatology or if you can afford it go private to speed things up - I did this and it was £230 well spent.

To take part, sign in or register with us