terrified of holiday

Posted Thu 4 Aug 2016 19.13 by maria

Hi! My name is Maria, and I've had psoriasis since I was 10yrs of age, and it,s all over me, including my face. It's so bad that I even wear a veil most of the time when I'm out of the house. I've just come out of hospital, and my dad says we are going on holiday tomorrow, something I've always been reluctant to do because of the condition, but I shall have to go. I'm terrified that thousands of people will see me. What can I do, as with me I will hide behind my veil, and go nowhere, and do nothing. My confidence is nonexistant, and has been for years. year by year I seem to be getting worse. What can I do?

Posted Fri 5 Aug 2016 14.24 by adamc

I've just come back from a holiday, my psoriasis comes and goes effects my legs arms hands and sometimes my face, the Sun is the best thing for it, mine flared up just before I went away pretty bad. All I think is and it is hard don't worry about what people you don't know think they really don't matter, get your holiday clothes on and even if it is just for one week forget about your psoriasis and enjoy your holiday. Walk tall and proud and nobody will notice I promise you .

Posted Mon 8 Aug 2016 16.55 by gingermonkey
For several years...drives me mad but won't bring me down.

Best thing for confidence building is accept the worry but to do it anyway. You don't know the people and tbh they don't matter. You'll feel better for feeling the sun on your skin and being with your family. Hope you have a good time.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 2016 20.13 by maria

Just thought you might like an update on my situation. I'm still completely free, and i've got a job, and am happy now, no-one calls me freak, scaly, or other names now, in fact most of the boys chase after me now. I'm so grateful to the man in Great Yarmouth who dealt with this for me, it's wonderful.

Posted Sat 5 Nov 2016 10.11 by Alvy

Who was this man in Great Yarmouth?

To take part, sign in or register with us