Pubis psoriasis (Male)

Posted Sat 9 Dec 2023 12.49 by Jamesm92

Hey. I've been a psoriasis sufferer for we'll over 20 years now but recently have started noticing getting what appears to be psoriasis in the pubis region (skin at base of shaft (abdomen side)). The lesions are smaller and patchy, and appear shiny pinky red, but not itchy. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Posted Sat 9 Dec 2023 18.25 by skin
Yes

SUGGESTION: try occasional (not frequent) use of trimovate ointment. Ointment is better than cream. Might be available without a prescription. Wear cotton pants. Use zeroderm ointment or something similar. Don't use any ointment or cream which has zinc oxide in it like Sudocrem. Sudocrem if too much is used and left on, it can build up and become an itchy mess! The patches might never clear up completely, just aim to stop it becoming worse etc. etc.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 2023 17.22 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 16 Dec 2023 11.02 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I agree 100% about Trimovate. It is excellent. It was the only treatment to to clear up a lesion in my groin that appeared to be inverse psoriasis + fungal. It had resisted other treatments for many years. As it contains a steroid, and antibiotic (plus an anti-fungal) I do not think it is available without a prescription, or if it is it will be very expensive. I used it sparingly but covering the entire lesion and rubbed in as much as I could tolerate ( initially the broken skin made it painful, but it is important, I think, not to just spread what ever topical tratment you have on the surface and to leave a thick layer there). I used it twice a day for arounbd a week or less if the leasion cleared, then I treated for a further week with an over-the-counter anti-fungal containing hydrocortisone . over 18 months now and it has not recurred, finally.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 2023 20.03 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Also agree on Trimovate. I had a lesion in my natal cleft (arsecrack for the non-medical amongst us!) which cleared up with that. The skin in that area is all the same and also subjected to the same conditions in terms of heat/bacteria/fungus so what works for one area should work for another. Usual precautions about using sparingly, not getting it anywhere too sensitive (e.g. glans), washing hands before and after application, and if you're sexually active make sure you wash the area before contact with your partner.

To take part, sign in or register with us