Guttate Psoriasis

Posted Tue 2 Jan 2024 21.39 by Nayab123

Hey everyone, I am hoping someone can help. I have just been diagnosed with Guttate Psoriasis in early Nov so 3 months ago, the Dr said it should go away within a few weeks/months but it seems to be getting worse. I am trying to stay away from steroids as they just seem to help when using and then you stop. Has anyone had a success story with Guttate? Did it go away? Also, any tips on managing gutatte p naturally? I have always eaten well and exercised plenty. Thanks a mil!

Posted Wed 3 Jan 2024 06.36 by skin
Yes

I'm rather surprised that the doctor said "it should go away ......". Go back to the GP, and request a (definite) referral to a consultant dermatologist. Expect the appointment in many months time. Wait patiently, and be prepared to follow it up in 3 months - some areas of the UK there is a very serious shortage of dermatologists. Good luck.

Posted Sun 7 Jan 2024 22.51 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I had plaque psoriaisis over my entire body age 22. Over the years it faded to be on my elbows only. Age 60 I had a total hip replacement and 4-6 weeks later came out in guttate psoriasis everywhere. My well informed GP advised that it could pass after 6-8 weeks. After 8-10 week it did begin to subside and was completely gone after 12-14 weeks.

To take part, sign in or register with us