Palmoplantar Pustulosis

Posted Thu 18 Jan 2024 22.31 by Slarti

My hands erupted in July last year and I believe stress was the main factor. After noticing what looked like whiteheads, I went to see my GP. She'd never seen anything like it and prescribed antibiotics. Over the next two days my hands erupted, so I started using steroid cream. I was sent to Dermatology and they were equally puzzled as to what to do. I kept using the cream and my psoriasis has gradually improved for longer periods, inbetween small flare-ups. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this ? My left hand hasn't fully healed, although my right hand is as good as new, with the exception of the fingertips. I'm in a very different place mentally now and my life is stress-free, I am truly thankful for that. I took photographs when it was at it's worst, and glad I did because no-one would believe it otherwise. Mind you, I did post a couple on Facebook and everyone was astonished as well as being a bit disgusted.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 2024 15.24 by kiloran (edited Mon 22 Jan 2024 15.24 by kiloran)
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

I have this. Came out of nowhere in September last year. It's particularly bad on my feet which is really disabling. Very pleased to hear yours is responding to treatment. And yes I agree about photos - people are really freaked out. I've also lost quite a few nails which is guaranteed to make most people shudder!

Posted Fri 22 Mar 2024 21.58 by Slarti

Only just seen your reply. My left hand has flared up again and is itchy as well as painful this time. I have quite a bit of stress in my personal life which seems to be a factor. I'm not as upset as I was at the initial onset of this, I guess I know what to expect now

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 07.06 by Dollydot

I’ve had psoriasis for many many years but for the first time had it on my hands and feet a couple of years ago. I didn’t bother trying to speak to my GP as we were in the midst of Covid. All I did was change my soap to a natural soap free and slather both hands and feet with a glycerine based hand cream. Cleared up in weeks and fingers crossed nothing since

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 07.14 by Slarti

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. I'm currently back to using Zero cream atm. I've noticed mine is on the sole of my left foot too this time, but it's not too bad which is something. I've taken photographs and compared them with last time...the main blister (it's at the merged into one stage),along with it's siblings, have moved.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 07.45 by Dollydot

I hope it clears up soon for you. I did find it tough having it on my hands as not so easy to disguise it. I always used to use a glycerine hand cream as I get some odd bits on my knuckles, I’m glad I remembered how well it used to work when I had it on my palms and soles

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 12.16 by SpottyPaws

Hello Everyone - I am new here! I have had PPP for several years now. It started with small scaly bits on the palms of my hands and I thought I had become allergic to the paint I frequently used. It gradually got worse - It flares up for no apparent reason. It used to pop up on my palms, but these days it sneaks round to the top of my fingers as well. I have sit and cut bits of skin off. (yuch) Although the soles of my feet are frequently sore, There are no pustules that I can see. Is there any advice that you can give me from your own experiences please? Thanks Sheena

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 12.54 by Slarti

You have my empathy. My initial outbreak meant twelve weeks off work due to sore fingers. And yes, the snipping of skin resonates too. It's ghastly. Mine definitely seems to be connected to stress, and I have yet to pinpoint anything except time, that sees it go into remission. Hopefully someone else may have some useful advice that will help you.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 13.07 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

My feet have largely cleared now with just a few tiny patches on left heel and right forefoot. All nails long since gone too. My regime for clearing was Diprosalic on the brown plaques and Dermovate on the rest of the sole of the foot initially once per day and then every other day. Been clear/stable for three weeks now. Hands are a different matter. No scale but many tiny pustules which are agonising and impossible not to scratch/burst. Like having hands made of bean bags or ants crawling under the skin. Just can't get on top of this as it's a rapid cycle for me - about five days. Currently trying Nelson's Calendula which seems to be less irritating than heavy emollients and improving things slowly.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 13.55 by SpottyPaws

Thanks! I am going to get some sun in a couple of weeks which I hope will help. I will try the Nelson's Calendula. Years ago I had some turmeric cream from India, but I can't remember how effective it was!!!! The delights of Old Age!!

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 18.51 by kiloran

The calendula does have some alcohol in it so will sting a bit on initial application if you've got cuts but it's definitely lighter and for me my fingers are less swollen than when I was using high paraffin ointments

To take part, sign in or register with us