Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 17.54 by Rap

Hi. I’m new to all this. What ‘soap’ is best to use in the shower? I’ve psoriasis over my upper body, thighs and lower legs.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 19.28 by Faraz

Any tar soap or dove simple

Posted Sun 21 Jan 2024 11.35 by Nelly

Hi I use QV wash, which was recommended by the dermatologist at the hospital it is made in Australia at the Queen Victoria Hospital Melbourne and you can also get QV cream which is also very good, I now get mine on prescription, it took a bit of psuading the doctor to prescribe it and managed to find a local chemist that stocked both wash and cream but we'll worth it.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 2024 15.20 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Any emollient. I use Cetraben which I think is 12% paraffin, this was prescribed. Many similar ones, you just want one where the first ingredient is aqua or water. When using it make sure you only apply in the direction of hair growth otherwise it can clog follicles and cause acne/spots. It's also a good idea to use a light emollient lotion once you've towelled off as water (particularly hard water) will dry your skin.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 2024 22.01 by CBMan

I'd recommend avoiding soap altogether. A psoriasis specific shampoo (such as T-Gel) and a moisturising body wash (I use Aveeno) would be my recommendation.

To take part, sign in or register with us