methotrexate and hair

Posted Sat 27 Jan 2024 16.54 by steph

Hi , Has anyone that's been on methotrexate noticed a lot of hair thinning? I never had thick hair but I never noticed any coming out in the shower or when brushing. Whilst using this medication I have noticed lots of strands coming away and my hair definitely feels thinner/ is thinner should I say. There are no bald patches just very thin hair, apparently its a rare side effect? I'm age 50 and maybe in peri menopause so don't know if that's causing the thinning. Also I only take 10mg a week which is not very high. Thanks steph

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 21.31 by mt382

It's notorious for hair thinning, yes. More so than acitretin according to my Dermo friends. Lots of protein, folic acid etc. As you say, however, it could just be an aging process

Posted Mon 4 Mar 2024 08.19 by anilkrbr

I use Methotrexate..........more and more hair became gray and also thin. I tried Fenugreek seed paste and i did work.......if you want to try Powder fenugreek seeds, soak the powder (1-2 spoons) in water for 3-4 hours. Apply on it hair for about 30 min (moisture the hair with water every 10 min) and wash your hair.

To take part, sign in or register with us