Does anyone add seabuckthorn oil to their no longer preferred moisturiser?!

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2024 10.27 by Acrazydoglady

I've spent a fortune on a variety of moisturisers, as I always found a moisturiser would work for a while & then it doesn't appear so effective, especially as I'm an insomniac & was driven bananas by the midnight itching hour. Whilst in the waiting room for a derm appointment, a fellow patient told me to add seabuckthorn oil to all those moisturisers you don't use any more, and it makes them more moisturising - to avoid binning all that wasted product & feeling guilty about it! *** Please remember what works for 1 person does not work for another *** - but as I can't find this on the forum, & found it to be a cost saving tip - I thought I'd share it. So I bought the cheapest/smallest bottle I could find, mine was 30ml - if you can find smaller go for it!! For example 1 drop of this oil alone practically covers 1 shin, so I would add 1 or 2 drops to my moisturiser it soo works for me too. This wee oil bottle is still lasting an incredibly long time, as I'm still finishing off my other moisturisers... If you're interested in this oil, please, please double check if you're able to use this oil, and a huge word of WARNING this oil is **orange** & makes you look **orange** too, like you've had a really bad fake tan - so I only use it at night and under any dark clothing, as it will cause staining. As the orange colour only disappears when you wash it off!

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2024 18.02 by skin
Yes

Forget 'fancy' creams and oils. Just get a big tub of zeroderm ointment.

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2024 20.13 by Acrazydoglady

@skin - thank you for that ointment tip, I've never heard of that one & will bear in mind for future, I did also use ointments - but I found I didn't always have time (I know you should make time) to apply ointment, as I found they take so much longer to apply in comparison to a moisturiser (which was always my time saver application) due frequently being time strapped. Is there such a thing as a quick applying ointment?!

To take part, sign in or register with us