HELP - any website research gurus - your words of wisdom would be appreciated?!

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 13.23 by Acrazydoglady

Hi research gurus I would greatly appreciate your input, as I'm not sure what the best solution is & which site has the most accurate data. I want to document which foods have the highest source of ellagic acid & put an ellagic acid content value on it? I don't mind eating 25g of walnuts daily, but I don't want to be faced with 1kg! Where is the best place to access such information? Is wiki a solution or should I really be looking elsewhere? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellagic_acid Any input to help me finalise results would be wonderfully welcome - thank you! It's all food for thought! 😉

1 Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 21.30 by mt382

It's quite niche. That Wikipedia data seems to be taken from a food science review attached to a credible journal which has been cited a reasonable number of times, so you should be safe to assume its correct. People don't often add incorrect data to Wikipedia, especially not on niche pages like that.

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2024 09.43 by Acrazydoglady

thank you very much mt382!

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2024 12.59 by mt382

Not sure where one gets these famous yellow raspberries from!

Posted Sun 4 Feb 2024 11.44 by Acrazydoglady (edited Sun 4 Feb 2024 14.40 by Acrazydoglady)

it's grow your own & due to my previous raspberry experience, no matter if you cover them, the wildlife decimate them no matter what! I now have a complete & utter spanner in the works and am more confused than ever - any ideas anyone? Dr Thivi Maruthappu - UK's 1st dual qualified dermatologist & nutritionist published Skinfood & her only ref to ellagic acid recommendations in her book is walnuts (without referencing where this data comes from) - so I thought let's look at values elsewhere - then when I start googling it, there's even more conflicting & confusing info on values out there?!! so much more about you need to eat walnuts in their skins (not that I've ever seen them without their skins?) and such differing values!! There's even incredible initial research showing ellagic acid could poss help covid - & it being a postbiotic?! Wowsers!! *** So we seriously need to ensure we get accurate food values!! *** Help anyone - how do we actually do this or should I do a new post? Thank you so much for your time!! x

To take part, sign in or register with us