Genital Psoriasis

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2024 01.32 by KCsufferer

Excluding Biologics, does anyone have any efficacious remedy to this most frustrating condition ?

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2024 07.40 by mt382

There are less potent steroids, but no doubt you know as well as I do that those will work, at best, temporarily. I suffered with this, myself, but it has now disappeared (4 weeks into Skyrizi)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2024 14.12 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Trimovaye or lotriderm on prescription

1 Posted Wed 14 Feb 2024 01.02 by KCsufferer

Appreciate your Responses. I have a reluctance to try Meds which can potentially do as much or more Harm as they do Good.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 2024 18.29 by Tasha (edited Wed 14 Feb 2024 18.30 by Tasha)

I have tried Lotriderm but it's not along term solution only works for a bit and because you can't use it for too long you end up back at square one. Having psoriasis in that area is an absolute nightmare the itching and the burning are off the chart I've just started biologics hoping that it gets rid of it all had enough now got it on my hands, feet, scalp and back constant cracking and splitting palms and feet along with bleeding was on methotrexate cleared it up in two weeks was good for a few months then it stopped working so I'm hoping biologics works.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 2024 20.32 by KCsufferer

Tasha, yes agreed. Its extraordinarily challenging and at times unbearable. Please let me know if biologics provide the solution we are both seeking!

Posted Wed 14 Feb 2024 20.34 by Tasha

I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 2024 20.36 by KCsufferer

Much Appreciated Tasha

Posted Thu 15 Feb 2024 04.45 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 17 Feb 2024 07.17 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Trimovate worked very well for me. Used sparingly, and thorough drying after showers, I have not had a flare-up for more than 12 months. EDIT: just to be clear, I continued using the Trimovate for about 1 week after I cleared up, but have not used it again.

To take part, sign in or register with us