Tazarotene or Tretinoin for the face

Posted Thu 29 Feb 2024 22.44 by wduk (edited Thu 29 Feb 2024 22.45 by wduk)

Has anyone been prescribed either tazarotene or tretinoin for psoriasis on the face? Most of the meds i have been given including steroid creams just make it worse and i really don't like them due to the side effects especially for the face which i am even more wary of. The other options were UV therapy or biologics which again pretty major side effects like cancer or weakened immune system neither of which are worth it for me. So i wanted to try a vitamin A derivative due to minimal side effects. I bought a lose dosage on amazon and it actually got rid of the redness after a few weeks which i was surprised by, but i can't get them from a GP i have to see a dermatologist. Yet the dermatologist gave me a steroid cream (AGAIN) and a immunosuppressant cream called Elidel cream which is not worth it given the side effects and potency of it especially on my face. They don't see patients face to face they just respond to a referral letter from the GP with a prescription that they choose. How on earth do you actually request to try a specific medication from a dermatologist because they keep making decisions without consulting with me at all on this. It's incredibly frustrating. Is this just a NHS Wales thing or is everyone experiencing this same issue around the country? Or just me?

Posted Mon 4 Mar 2024 08.31 by anilkrbr

I have some spots on my face, i use Clobetasol propionate and salicylic acid ointment...........with commercial name DIPSALIC f..............it seems good.

To take part, sign in or register with us