Experiences with Natural DIY made ointments? Any advice?

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 13.59 by Rwse

Hej! I am new to this forum and to Psoriasis. Being 64 years I have now patches and plaques over my whole body except my face, footsoles and handpalms. It started almost a year ago. I went to a GP in Sweden where I live and got Momethason prescribed, together with the ointment with propyleneglycol. It did not help very much. Except for the ointment which stopped some of the itching for a few hours. My former GP in the Netherlands suspected Psa in october 23 and subscribed a calcipotrial/bethamethason - Aristo ointment. I did not use it very long because I live in Sweden. I saw some improvement though on the overgrow of skincells. When i traveled back to the Netherlands I got an emergency appointment with a dermatologist. He subscribed Enstilar and a ’cooling’ salve which did not cool at all!. But, the Enstilar did the overgrow trick again. Back again in Sweden I got an appointment with a GP but had to wait a month. He gave me Momethson as a repeatsubscription. But using that made the overgrow come back and the Psa got much more red and inflamed. Somewhere in the proces I also got Dovobet for my scalp. I switched then from Momethason to the Dovobet for the whole of my body. Again, the overgrow diminishes. I am a big fan of treating ailments the ’natural’ way and started making ointments myself. I tried and adjusted it many times. But the substances I always use are: Beeswax Coconut oil Jojoba oil Lavender essential oil Geranium essential oil. It soothes and suppresses the itching, especially when I add Teatree oil. I cannot say it helps 100% but the itching is much less to non existant. For emergency relief of the itching I use peppermint oil in jojoba oil. It helps immediately.. On the Beeswax read https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jocd.15718#pane-pcw-references. On Coconut and Jojoba oil information here: https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/19/1/70#table_body_display_ijms-19-00070-t001 The most recent oils for me to try are blackseed oil (!) and Boswellia serrata, also called Frankinsence oil. But I have yet to start with them. My skin looks terrible and itches very much if I do not use my selfmade ointment. I stopped the alcohol and sugar. After drinking and eating that it always makes my skin react. And now I recently (a week ago) decided to start with eliminating carbohydrates/gluten and not to eat processed foods anymore. If it helps? I will find out. The supplements I take are zinc, vit D3, magnesiumcitrate, vit C, fishoil capsules, Mariathistle and L-glutamine

To take part, sign in or register with us