Skyrizi not working 😔

Posted Tue 19 Mar 2024 19.52 by Kimberly

I have moderate to severe psoriasis and have the majority of my life. I have only treated it with topical steroids until now. It’s become worse and recently was diagnosed hypothyroid and Hashimotos. Obviously all connected. My dermatologist gave me my 1st shot of Skyrizi and told me the next time I see him in 4 weeks I will likely be 50-80% better. I had zero change. As in none. Nothing changed. How could this be? Anyone else? He was shocked when I went in and he saw for himself. He said I was the first patient he has given it to with no success. Today he suggested we go a different route to Toltz. Any thoughts on this either way? Thanks

Posted Thu 21 Mar 2024 03.48 by ReeSee
Hello 👋🏽 I'm ReeSee, and I struggle with scalp psoriasis.

Hi Kim.. I feel your pain and frustration. I've heard of skyrizi not working as well... I've heard of it also having unfavorable side effects too. When I was diagnosed I preferred to do more research before going the steroid route. I found that some of my favorite foods and snacks were triggering flare ups, I invested in a juicer in order to get anti inflammatory fruits and veggies in my body as much as possible. There's been a change, less flare ups. I am also starting to realize that my flare ups seem to happen right when I'm the most stressed out... or maybe it's a coincidence? I'm not too sure. The best breakthrough that I've had on my skin and on my scalp is this herbal oil on Etsy called Bourgeois Organics Extra Strength. This stuff has changed my life!! No more embarrassing flakes in my hair. No itching!! Soothes my skin and scalp almost instantly, smells amazing. At first i was using it like 2x a day, but now i use it once every other day. This stuff works!!! If I stop using it for 4 days or so, I start feeling the itchiness coming back, so i make sure to be consumed. I use it at night to calm my nerves before bed... it smells so good. You should definitely try it. Hope this helps!!

To take part, sign in or register with us