Feeling Low

Posted Mon 5 Sep 2016 15.42 by Katrina

Hi All, I am new here and thought I would write a post just to chat. I have been living with psoriasis for 6 years now. I am a 29 year old female and I have psoriasis on my elbows, knees and recently it has started cropping up in other unwanted places. I have been through around 8 creams and ointments and the one I currently have is coal tar. It helps but by no means cures it. The best thing for my arms is sunshine but unfortunately holidays are not yet available on prescription. I have been told I am too fair skinned for light therapy. I have good days and bad days with my elbows and although my psoriasis isn't as bad as some peoples, for me it is bad and makes me so body conscious. I have a great support network around me, my husband and my family are all supportive. My best friend tells me the only person in my life who has a problem with my psoriasis is me, and I think he is right. Anyway I went to the doctor this morning and he is prescribed me with coal tar and Betnovate so hopefully I will start to see some results! Thanks all for listening. Katrina

Posted Tue 6 Sep 2016 18.15 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Hi,that's a standard steroid cream and should work wonders but just be aware it could thin skin over time,a fair bit of time but still keep in mind.everyone will tell you that the worst thing is stress and worry,it's true!only problem is.......it takes a real strong person,mind and good support network to get beyond it!.....you sound to have the support.......I'm sure all here agree that a good chunk of this is mind over matter,it's so bloomin hard though but you will get there!!

Posted Sat 10 Sep 2016 05.41 by nat epsom

So how is the coal tar and Betnovate going? Hopefully your psoriasis is not spreading. Keep monitoring it carefully and take care

Posted Sat 17 Sep 2016 16.01 by Bright side
Hi. My name is Carol. I suffer with PSA. And P. I'm hoping to find friends on this site who also have the same.

Hello Katrina. I have had P since I was born. Had all the creams, potions and lotions you can get. The best thing that works for me is a few drops of tea tree oil in my bath. Try it. Won't hurt and may help. Good luck. Carol.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 2016 14.19 by Katrina

Thanks guys. Creams seem to be working but just find it soul destroying. I will try tea tree oil in the bath I hadn't thought of that. I have a great support network behind me and agree is mind over matter but some days just harder than others. Thank you for your kind messages. They have cheered me up xx

Posted Sun 18 Sep 2016 18.36 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

It's all about having a chin up attitude,tough to do but great when helped by others around,that's almost the best medicine......almost.xx

Posted Wed 21 Sep 2016 03.42 by respect

Hope it gets better katrina

Posted Wed 21 Sep 2016 03.45 by respect

Hi carol.Same here im just looking for people to make friends.Im new to this

Posted Wed 21 Sep 2016 07.29 by obi1138

Hi respect,feel free to chat,we all want the same things.x

Posted Sat 24 Sep 2016 20.35 by diana
hi

I was diagonised with mine on my head it feels like its on fire I cant stop scratching it was told at hosptail stress and shock I was nearly abducted of may this year and after that this condition came on my head I cry all the time cause when I go to sleep with the mirtazpine tablets it has run down my neck and the smell is not nice I just want to shave my hair off it hurts all the time and has made my neck swollen as well like water blisters on my neck I have beta mousse it cools it down its the itch I cant stand I go to hosptial on a Tuesday

Posted Mon 26 Sep 2016 14.54 by obi1138

Hi Diana,chin up girl,hard I know but we got to try right.let us know how you get on.x

To take part, sign in or register with us