- How long have you had pso?88 comments
- Psoratic Arthritis....... ..25 comments
- Pustular psoriasis of pregnancy7 comments
- UV Light Box10 comments
- Title9 comments
- Stop scratching........13 comments
- 3 1/2 yr old with possible psoriasis7 comments
- Sat by myself!!!19 comments
- Grease stained clothes4 comments
- Psoriasis for the first time4 comments
- Bathing/showering3 comments
- I am destroyed24 comments
- Title1 comments
- Warning calcipotriene is toxic to dogs!2 comments
- I really need some advice.....5 comments
- Ciclosporin ? Does it work ?7 comments
- Title1 comments
- Need help8 comments
- Taurine could trigger psoriasis?2 comments
- Exorex Lotion6 comments
- PSO Natura1 comments
- What creams WORK 4 you? 7 comments
- sore throats6 comments
- Various treatments that have worked for me3 comments
- infected psoriasis3 comments
- If you could talk to your psoriasis, what would you say?13 comments
- Summer clothing 5 comments
- Will People still accept you with Psoriasis or freak out?5 comments
- Ear psoriasis27 comments
- Meningitis a cure for Psoriasis??5 comments
- Polytar Supply6 comments
- Ginger Shampoo2 comments
- Better chat4 comments
- psoriasis gone2 comments
- Dead sea clinics 1 comments
- Stress and Psoriasis5 comments
- Feeling usless3 comments
- biologics and side effects1 comments
- just thought let you know seems to be working worth a try2 comments
- Can anyone explain this3 comments
- staying at work3 comments
- am i wasting my time?3 comments
- Where do you go for help?6 comments
- Finding balance1 comments
- How to approach boyfriend...3 comments
- Groups1 comments
- UVB treatment at home...9 comments
- still finding it hard to get alphysol shampoo1 comments
- MY PSORIASIS GONE AFTER 40 YEARS8 comments
- Itching, itching, itching5 comments
- Help1 comments
- Doing my head in now!3 comments
- Totally changed my life1 comments
- Itchy feett2 comments
- Shortly after giving birth to my first child I started with scalp psoriasis, 3 comments
- Link between scalp and face psoriasis?4 comments
- help me please ! advice needed2 comments
- Hi all..2 comments
- What works for your psoriasis?2 comments
- Effectiveness of Coal Tar?1 comments
- Title1 comments
- Urea moisturiser 2 comments
- Help Needed2 comments
- Advice when seeing GP2 comments
- My 4 year old has psoriasis2 comments
- Sauna help1 comments
- Psoriasis and pregnancy??6 comments
- Hair Straightening2 comments
- Foot Psoriasis4 comments
- Foot psoriasis1 comments
- Defiance! 2 comments
- Market research study for patients receiving biologic therapy1 comments
- washing powder4 comments
- Guttate psoriasis5 comments
- Making someone with Psoriasis Happy. :)2 comments
- insect bites1 comments
- New and struggling.4 comments
- does it help?2 comments
- Help please!!8 comments
- I wish i was a snake6 comments
- Has anyone used Magnipsor?1 comments
- ANTHONY TAYLOR... anyone heard of this guy?? psoriasis guru?????2 comments
- Psoriatic Arthritis6 comments
- Newbie2 comments
- Is it Psoriasis?4 comments
- Teaching with Psoriasis1 comments
- Gluten Free Diet cured my Psoriasis!3 comments
- Nivea In Shower Moisturiser1 comments
- New member 1 comments
- Healing Psoriasis3 comments
- psoriasis has come back. :( 5 comments
- Guttate Psoriasis1 comments
- Guttate psoriasis1 comments
- Facial psoriasis3 comments
- glutenfree diet?2 comments
- Newbie1 comments
- Other medical conditions1 comments
- Anyone around my age?3 comments
- Biologic injections1 comments
- PSORIASIS BLOG7 comments
- pain in the jaw! (Arthritis)1 comments
- gluten free diet ideas14 comments
- 100% all natural skin balm with Indigo Naturalis - works amazing!1 comments
- New Medical Television Programme Looking for People with Psoriasis1 comments
- British 10k London run3 comments
- My son has psoriasis1 comments
- Psoriasis and mirena coil?1 comments
- Nasal Psoriasis1 comments
- Makeup1 comments
- Hiring 6' UVB lamp units? NHS (???)1 comments
- Is this Psoriasis of the genital area ?1 comments
I would never wish p on anyone, but I do wish they would stop saying "don't scratch"......they should try it, it's so hard to not sratch, I don't even know I'm doing it.
Recently I discovered that by having gel nails put on I can't scratch my skin. I've only had overlay gels, no extentions. But is helping....alot!
You must be registered and logged in to post a reply.
I HATE it when people say this too!!…Posted by Mia_Sohma on 12th March 2012 09:03AM
I HATE it when people say this too!! What winds me up even more is when they show their ignorance by saying: 'you'll make it worse!!'
My response is always: 'how can it get any worse? If I keep scratching, it bleeds, and then it won't itch.'
Unfortunately, I have never found anything that has stopped me from scratching. Keeping my nails very short helps stop too much bleeding. The trick for me is to treat my plaques so much with the cream that they eventually stop itching on their own... which - disastrously - does not work in the short-term... :(
Yup, get very annoyed with the "Don't scratch...".…Posted by grumpygroo on 2nd April 2012 12:04PM
Yup, get very annoyed with the "Don't scratch...". I have found that antihistamines help a lot with itch. Cetirizine hydrochloride works for me. One a day doseage and non-drowsy. Freely available over the counter, get mine from Tescos.
I try not scratch but it's soo hard…Posted by mand82 on 2nd April 2012 02:04PM
I try not scratch but it's soo hard not to when I do I just rub glently instead of scratching and it seems to ease the itching ,
I bite my nails to try not have…Posted by Paddyellis on 27th June 2012 10:06PM
I bite my nails to try not have any so i don't scratch lol!!!
Ive been using a barrier cream and moisturizer from a skin care brand called epionce and combined they take away the itch completly within a month!!
You can only get it online as its american mind. beauty product online sell it and you have to have a consultation before you have it a doctor tells you all! :-)
I have a discount code thats never ending my sister goes to the doctor for rosacea treatments. its al46re
Eperderm for moisture, Eurax for the itch, wash…Posted by DianaP54 on 8th October 2012 12:10PM
Eperderm for moisture, Eurax for the itch, wash clothes in Surecare,Surecare softner,soft towels,cool water to wash in.
This does help me, i know we are all different but this may help others, i hope so.
scratching is a nightmare in your sleep you…Posted by driver2 on 22nd November 2012 01:11AM
scratching is a nightmare in your sleep you dont no your doing it till theres blood on sheets next morning and its dried up and itching even more so you start again and it bleeds and itches and burns we all no what i am on about anyway the best thing i have found is fag ash it stops itching straight away hurts a bit but its lovely no more itching and if you leave it on it stops for days and dries it up try it does work
I find that when I'm warm I'm more…Posted by pliiin on 27th November 2012 07:11PM
I find that when I'm warm I'm more itchy. Specially at night. It might sound silly but it helps. When I had 90% coverage I found that baths with Doublebase bath additive was a relief. I did bath 4 times a day but it helped!
I am having a really difficult time with…Posted by Ev on 15th March 2013 06:03AM
I am having a really difficult time with night time scratching the last 4 nights. Its really affecting my sleep, Did anyone ever notice an electric blanket affected their psoriasis at night.? I plug it out before I get into bed but I wonder is it making it worse. I also would like to know how people deal with the emolient making their night wear damp and then wearing it the following night.? it's horrible.
It drove me mad ,people telling me not…Posted by ness on 15th March 2013 11:03AM
It drove me mad ,people telling me not to scratch.There was skin all over the place,my skin is clearing up now due to medication and creams and it does not Itch so much,it it does i take a Piriton tablet.
im the exactly the same, i have to…Posted by SophieMabel on 21st July 2013 04:07PM
im the exactly the same, i have to have acrylic nails put on which costs 20 quid but still it looks pretty and stops me from scratching
Things to help avoid getting itchy... I've had…Posted by ELangford on 22nd July 2013 10:07AM
Things to help avoid getting itchy...
I've had psoriasis on and off since a child and it flared up abour 12 years ago. I eventually worked out that it was worse in winter than summer and it was mainly due to the skin getting too hot.
If the skin feels itchy - put a cold flannel on it - this will reduce the itchiness and make you less likely to scratch.
Though from what I've read online by the time the skin feels itchy an outbreak is likely to occur so I started to look at ways to avoid the ithch in the first place by keeping the skin cool ...
> wear cotton next to the skin - I wear cotton vests and this helped to reduce outbreaks on my lower torso and around the waistline.
> avoid too many layers or tight clothes - when you have psoriasis the temptation is to cover up. Try to air the skin as much as possible - again - I found cottom layers worked better.
> psoriasis on the face - try to keep hair was swept away from your face and not too heavy on your scalp. Short hair helped when it was worse.
I hope this helps.
I have Psoriasis too, but I also have…Posted by sally_shaw on 24th November 2013 06:11PM
I have Psoriasis too, but I also have an allergy to dust... so its a real pain, but due to the allergy.... I have to take CETIRIZINE 10 MG tablets (one daily) to stop the itch and sypmtoms of the allergy, this has helped amazingly with taking the psoriasis itch away!! I never scratch my psoriasis now!! I would recommend it to everyone with psoriasis!!!!! x hope it helps x