Quick & intense "flare ups"???

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2016 16.01 by christinaxxm

Hi... new here! Hoping someone else will have experienced the really quick & intense flare ups with their psoriasis? I've been having light therapy on & off (due to broken machine, unable to get an appointment etc) for about 2 months. Just started again this week after about 3 weeks break, am now currently in the middle of a horrific flare up after it was pretty much all gone. I suffer from it pretty much all over expect my face & scalp. I've noticed that over the 2 days it has started to get really bad again? Sore and spreading like wildfire... is this normal? I showered this morning & moisturised as normal, it's got worse in the few hours since then? I feel like it's out of control & it makes me feel extremely panicky, can anyone relate? Thanks.

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2016 20.39 by LeoM

I'm dealing with this on my hands. I also doing the light therapy. For some reason I'm going through a flair up myself. To be honest it makes me mad cause I'm doing everything I need to do and it does what it wants to. I guess my issue is due to the weather changes. When I have a flare up I just tell my self it could be a lot worse and keep going. Can't let it get you down.

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2016 22.09 by Zazzle

Hi, I'm new here too. I have definitely noticed a big connection to flare ups and the weather. When the temperature drops and the air gets drier my flare ups are really bad. That combined with possibly being a bit dehydrated?

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2016 07.50 by christinaxxm

Thank you both for the responses, it's comforting to know other people are in a similar boat. I wasn't aware that the weather could have a negative effect but it does make sense. Too bad that is completely out of our control! Very frustrating! Thanks again.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2016 17.07 by janet

I find when i get run down, have sore throat, get a cold or get a cold sore, mine flares up quickly and badly, body, scalp and face, not good! I then naturally only want to eat fish & broccoli ha ha ... for every meal lol. I tend to also hit my local sun bed centre every day and this nips it in the bud. Hot Sun & sea water is my best cure, but make do with sun beds until next holiday. Good luck

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2016 12.11 by christinaxxm

Hi Janet, thanks for your response! No doctor/anyone else told me about flare ups so I assumed it was my fault it was happening. If only we lived in a sunnier & warmer country! Just gonna keep plodding on with my light treatment and hope it sorts itself out. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your holiday!

To take part, sign in or register with us