Just some advice ...

Posted Wed 23 Nov 2016 21.39 by Pegleg92

Hi I've been struggling with my skin for about 2 years now and never thought about it being psoriasis until my colleague at work mentioned it to me when my hands looked red, dry and flaky. It is also terribly itchy. I have had a few random patches of dry skin on my arm but never thought anything of it. I had a quick look online and found out about nail psoriasis and my nails match up to it exactly. My finger nails are fine but my toenails look awful. I'd say for at least 2 years also. I am going to try and book a docs appointment tomorrow but was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to mention to doctor as I'm not sure really how to explain it and any advice on how to help with nails and hands? I've tried hand creams from the shops but don't really work. Thanks 🙂

Posted Fri 25 Nov 2016 12.58 by Dawnadamson1984
32 years old and suffered with psoriasis since sitting my exams in school

Your doctor should be able to tell you right away by looking if it is psoriasis. IMO you are probably better getting treatments from the gp, it's a good place to start at least. I use okeefes hand cream in my hands in the winter and although it doesn't take the psoriasis away it helps with the dryness and redness. Good luck

To take part, sign in or register with us