acitretin medication

Posted Fri 20 Jan 2017 09.54 by claudette

hi i have been to hospital and been advised to start taking Acitretin but wen told some of the side effects and that i have to sign saying i wont get pregnant for 3 years its bit of a worry anyone out there been on this pplease help x claudette

Posted Wed 8 Feb 2017 19.53 by Betti

Hi, I was put on Acetretin 7 weeks ago and psoriasis has got worse. I have guttate psoriasis. I was hoping someone had replied as I'm keen to know if it's given anyone success. I feel I'm worse being on it !!

Posted Mon 20 Feb 2017 10.26 by claudette

i was also hoping for more replies i know they say it gets worse before gets better but for how long really need to hear more people who has been on this. thankyou for replying

Posted Thu 23 Feb 2017 08.21 by claudette

i went to hospital yesterday to discuss again apparently its 6-8 weeks but sometimes up to 12 weeks hope this helps some please keep me updated on how its goin for you

Posted Thu 23 Feb 2017 21.58 by Betti

Hi. I had to come off it. Lots of hair loss and thinning of hair. Plus it wasn't really helping. Now on Fumaderm so hope this tablet works.. Good luck with it. Hope it works for you.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 2017 13.36 by Roland

I have been on Acittretin in the past and the first time it practically cleared up my Psoriasis. Stopped taking it and it came back so went back on it and it didn't work so went on Methatrexate which made it worse so just about to try Cyclosporin. All of the stronger drugs can have nasty side effects and can affect pregnant women, worth a try if your psoriasis is bad enough but don't expect miracles!

Posted Mon 10 Apr 2017 20.22 by Janw

Hi I've been on Acitretin for 2 weeks now And so far no change to my feet. As with side effects I've had bad headaches and now started with nose bleeds. I'm still on light therapy but with being on Acitretin have been put back on lower time as you tend to burn more easily.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 2017 11.07 by stewartt14

I have been on acitretin for over 4 months and I started on 25 mgs per day.It cleared my body but not my legs from the knee downwards.The dose was increased to 30 and in the last 2 weeks up to 50.No signs yet of any major improvement and I have had to go back on dov0bet as after 1 week with out any treatment the psoriasis came back with avengence. Side affects are difficult to assess although I have noticed the shredding of skin on my hands and feet.Does this mirror other sufferers experiences?

Posted Fri 14 Apr 2017 12.05 by barbarakam

Hi there, I was on Acitrecin for 7 months. At the begging everything was fine only a little dry lips as a side effect. But later I developed more cracked and dry lips I was straggling to eat as every time I have opened my mouth my lips was bleeding, skin on my hands was constantly peeling off and the worst...hair loss. I had to come off it. Now I am on UVB light therapy but can't see any improve.

Posted Sun 16 Apr 2017 09.10 by Mary

I've been prescribed Acitretin for severe scalp psoriasis and can't decide whether to take it either. I previously lost a lot of hair when my scalp was at it's worse and although I've had a lot of regrowth since then I'm very concerned about losing hair again. I wear contact lenses and suffer with dry eyes already so realise I'll probably have to stop wearing lenses too. I've only been prescribed 10mg to start with which seems very low. What would you start on Claudette?

To take part, sign in or register with us