Hello fellow sufferers

Posted Sun 5 Feb 2017 16.25 by Ausum

Hello I am new to this forum but would very much like some information please. I have had psoriasis for approx 15 years and I have yet to get a treatment that works. I have tried everything other than biologics which i am considering now. The problem is that I also take Tegretol and it seems to lessen the effect of most treatments. Is there anyone else who takes this out there who also has psoriasis? My nails are also affected. I am at my wits end with this horrible disease. Thanks anyone. ☺☺

Posted Sun 5 Feb 2017 18.33 by Southernbel45
I have had psoriasis for 65 years

Hi and I'm sorry to hear your story. I am on biologics Humira (please see my post on Humira under 'Talk about Treatments') and I have just looked at the patient information sheet that comes in the box and although it doesn't say anything specifically about taking Humira with Tegretol there seems to be a lot of information on the net. However the best people to ask is either your dermatologist or the person prescribing the Tegretol. Sorry if this isn't much help but let us know how you get on. I wish you all the best.

Posted Sun 5 Feb 2017 19.39 by Ausum

Thank you for the info. I will read your other post now. ☺☺

To take part, sign in or register with us