Shea Butter

Posted Fri 17 Feb 2017 19.14 by Mikey160

i have suffered with Psoriasis for nearly 40 years. For many years now i have been prescribed Dovonex which controls it to a degree. I usually put the dovonex on my skin every other day.If i dont then its not controlled. Around Christmas time my psoriasis was quite bad and unusually itchy and i read somewhere on line the benefits of shea butter. So went online and ordered a tub. Since the beginning of January i have massaged the Shea butter onto the affected area in the morning whilst after a shower in the evening using tee tree cream. The results are that i have not used Dovonex since. The itchyness has gone my skin is smooth and flake free. The red ness IS still there. Im aware that there are a number of natural treatments which have been posted on here and that some of these treatments work for some and not others. But all i can say is that this has worked for me big time. If anyone is really struggling with there psoriasis at the moment then maybe give it a go. Mike

Posted Fri 17 Feb 2017 21.41 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

What type of shea butter did you use and where did you buy it? I have looked at several on-line suppliers and both the price and description widely differ.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 2017 22.11 by Mikey160

Hi i got mine from a company called Akoma. i bought the raw shea butter pillow pack. you can get different sizes. i bought the 550 gram pack for about £7.5o. there are larger and smaller sizes. im about half way through the pack after about 6 weeks mike

Posted Sat 18 Feb 2017 23.01 by thin-skinned

Thanks MIke. I found Akoma and I am going to ring them first thing Monday on 01332 613 967 and arrange a pack for delivery :thumbup: :¬)

Posted Sun 19 Feb 2017 15.33 by Mikey160

Good luck.its obviously not been a cure but it's really well controlled my psoriasis without having to use the usual creams and potions from the gp. Mike

Posted Sun 19 Feb 2017 15.42 by thin-skinned

Yes, I understand there is no such thing as a complete cure out there, but anything that gives some degree of relief without involving steroids has to be a move for the better :thumbup:

To take part, sign in or register with us