Itchy!

Posted Sun 19 Feb 2017 19.05 by leeadd

Hi I am posting on behalf of my dad he developed p about 10 years ago flares up on and off but since just before Christmas and a heavy cold it's the worse it's been. He is using all the creams baths etc but it's the itching that's getting him down - what does people use to calm the itching ? Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Feb 2017 20.43 by Johnbeach47

Hi Just logged on for first time, I have only been plagued by the itch and flaking for the past three years. I have tried all sorts of shampoos and nothing has worked.clearing out a cupboard 2 weeks ago I came across a bottle of Penang Nutmeg Oil. The directions on back of bottle says it is good for itchiness,lumbago,arthritis so I used it on my itchy head and it appears to be clearing the flaking skin and it is not itching at the moment. I hope this may help as Nutmeg Oil seems to work for me Regards J

Posted Thu 23 Feb 2017 19.36 by Holly1
Has psoriasis since 2001

I use Dead Sea salt by westlab I use it in the bath and I find it soothes my skin. I have also tried porridge in tights and placing that in the bath which I find also soothes. I really rate aveeno for cream and also coconut oil is great so putting on the skin. Hope the itching stops its awful when you are so itchy

To take part, sign in or register with us