Psoriasis gone.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 2017 10.53 by chiquay
I have had psoraisis for 2 years. I am a 52 year old man. It started with a few odd spots on my scalp and has spread to my body.

Having had 3 years of psoriasis (severe) I decided to go to a sunny climate for the Winter (I live in North West Scotland). Anyway, I went to Southern Madagascar for 3 months to teach English, in a town called Fort Dauphin. It was bye the sea and so I had frequent swims and was exposed to sunlight. The psoriasis just dissipated. The parts of my body that were not exposed to the Sun still had a few lesions, but I actually felt good about myself for the first time in 3 years. Amazing how it just went. Just posting this to encourage others who may be feeling very low. It is worth the expense and effort to feel normal and, dare I say it, sexy once more. Happy to answer any questions - oh, and I did not use any medication when there. As a footnote, the psoriasis on my scalp did not clear but improved greatly. At 53 years of age I have a very full head of hair and the mild psoriasis is preferable to being bald. I love my hair!

Posted Sun 26 Feb 2017 15.09 by Amyj153

That's great new to hear!!! I to get to be P free when I'm on holidays and get sad when I have to come back to the cold climate and know it will be back within a few weeks. To try keep things at bay I do have the odd sun bed. I have never been P free on my scalp for more than 1 day. It's so frustrating!!!!!

Posted Sun 26 Feb 2017 16.28 by chiquay
I have had psoraisis for 2 years. I am a 52 year old man. It started with a few odd spots on my scalp and has spread to my body.

I was thinking on investing in a sunbed. My doctor would just say everything he could in discouragement until, last week, I said to him - but the UV clearly works, does the sunbed work? Yes, he replied. I think he is not allowed to endorse the UV light. I suppose he never had PS though... As for the scalp, as I said, I can live with it. I have found that the best approach is to stay well clear of all the prescribed shampoos as they just make the scabs bigger and easier to pick. Ordinary shampoo and a wash ever 4-5 days is much, much better. After 3 years of experimenting I know this to be fact. My own opinion is that Big Pharma make far too much money out of selling potions and lotions (ineffectual) to the NHS to seriously invest in a cure.

To take part, sign in or register with us