Fumaderm

Posted Mon 10 Jul 2017 23.01 by Mini me

Its the best feeling ever to be able to wear short sleeves and even shorts glad ya doing ok, I am hoping when see consultant next week he will put me on a maintenance dose but will have to wait and see keep me posted on your progression.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 2017 22.35 by Kirstmcp

2nd week of 120mg tabs so taking one in evening and one in morning and all going very smoothly, no side affects to speak of and slowly skin is changing, no new scaling just smooth patches which are still noticeable but improving. Something is definitely working :)

Posted Tue 25 Jul 2017 23.34 by Kirstmcp

Spoke too soon! This morning was the first real sign of any side effects. Flushing and unpleasant prickly feeling/pins and needles across face, upper chest and arms. It passed after about 45 mins but was on waking approx 7 hrs after taking evening tab? Is this normal? After that I delayed morning tablet till lunch time and had bit of red face this afternoon but nothing like this morning.. itchy itchy skin this evening but I'm trying to convince myself these changes are something happening to improve psoriasis. Kind of dreading tmrw in case it happens again, may have to get up earlier to avoid going to work with face like skelped backside, as if having weird skin isn't bad enough!

Posted Tue 25 Jul 2017 23.47 by Mini me

I always take all my tablets at nighttime 8 pm so any side effects occur doing night so most of time i am sleeping so don't notice I still taking 5 tablets a day, skin still doing great obly side effect now is diahorra some morning x

Posted Mon 28 Aug 2017 21.04 by Kirstmcp

Just a quick update, just finished first full week of 6 tabs per day, skin has really improved in the last 20 days so much so I would consider wearing something sleeveless if the weather was better. I've had no reAl problems with side effects to speak of and now can take tabs without food. All scaling and redness has gone, skin no longer dry and feels smooth, hasn't been this good since can remember. Due to have bloods done again in about a week but no problems on that front to date either. I'm so glad I stuck it out and would encourage anyone else starting out to stick with it if you can.

Posted Wed 4 Oct 2017 16.04 by smondle

Hi All, I started taking Fumaderm last year but due to severe gastric side effects have only been on top dose (2x 120mg three times daily) for about 3 months. Has anyone else that they are now randomly allergic to certain foods? When I was still on Methotrexate I tried cutting out all nightshades but found it made no difference so went back to eating normally, but now I find that eating tomatoes gives me horrendous diarrhoea. No other nightshades have this effect on me, and I also can't eat at Nando's without a similar effect. I wonder if with Nando's it is because they boil the chicken to cook, then re-heat on the grill with the flavouring when you order so it is something with the reheating of the chicken? It's definitely not the spice because I have no problems with hot curries. When I avoid foods that I find to cause me problems I have no side effects whatsoever so it is a life saver compared with Methotrexate! Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can avoid/make sure to eat to help keep my stomach stable?

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 22.21 by rosita

hi im on Fumaderm, im on the 120mg 6x a daily. The side effects can be bad but if you can handle them you will see a difference in around 8/10 weeks. i swear by themx

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 22.39 by smondle

I’ve now been on 6x120mg for about 5 months and my psoriasis continues to improve daily. I was about 80% covered with my last flare up but am down to just my torso now which is great! Unfortunately the gastro side effects didn’t go away for me and I have drug induced IBS. I’ve been in contact with a nutritionist who has given me some great advice and eating what the fads call an ‘anti-inflammatory’ diet I’ve not had any problems for 1 month now! Amazing after the last 15 months of constant diarrhoea im happy that gluten free clean eating is working for me and there’s worse things in life that eating lots of roast dinners! It’s taken a long time to get here for me but I stuck with it and I’m so glad I did.

Posted Thu 8 Feb 2018 16.52 by Jim

Hello all from your cousin in the US. I am about to get on a clinical research program for this type of drug. At present it seems to be available only in Europe - and especially in Germany I was told. I have found this to be most interesting. I have just stopped another clinical 5 year trial for Taltz, and injection that worked for about two years then lost effectiveness. I have a choice of going to another currently available biologic but was told about this clinical trial that I will be eligible for. I find some here with the side effects kind of scary. I wonder if switching to a very high fiber diet would help?? One of the scary parts of this trial is that I could get a placebo instead of the real drug. I am currently undergoing terrible rebound effect since coming off the Taltz. If what you all are saying about this - the side effects - I should be able to tell if it is a placebo pretty quick I assume.... What I really want to know if how fast does this work? After having clear skin for 2+ years this is just awful to have to go through all over again!

Posted Sat 10 Feb 2018 22.55 by Toodlesoodles (edited Sun 11 Feb 2018 15.56 by Toodlesoodles)

I'm on this. Currently on the 6th week which is 3 full strength tablets a day. Not seen any improvement to my skin yet but also had absolutely zero side effects which I'm amazed about. Fingers crossed I start to see a difference in the next 2-3 weeks.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 12.19 by Kirstmcp

I started taking fumaderm way back in June last year, my skin is 99.9%. I didn’t have too many problems with side effects and only occasionally now will get flush if forget to take two tablets in morning and postpone till later in the day. My bloods recently have shown lower lymphocytes but not low enough to consider stopping so I made the decision to reduce from 6 to 4 tablets everyday which I’d talked about previously with my dermatologist and it’s not affected my skin at all. I hope to reduce further in the coming months to get to a maintanence level. I’d encourage anyone embarking on treatment regime to stick with it the benefits at the end far out weight the side effects I’ve had psoriasis for more that 25years and this is the best skin I’ve had in all that time.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 15.55 by Toodlesoodles

Kirstmcp, how long was it after you started the tablets did you start to see an improvement in your skin?

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 16.45 by Kirstmcp

Toodlesoodles, probably about 3 weeks into 120mg tables so by time I was taking 3 or 4 per day started to notice improvement but probably took a good few months on 6 tabs per day before skin completely clear.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 18.13 by Toodlesoodles

Thank you. :)

Posted Sat 17 Feb 2018 09.37 by Linnie

I’ve been on ,fumaderm had 100 % clear then my blood counts weren’t so good. I decided stupidly to come off them and cream go on holidays etc. That’s worked for 4 yearsand suddenly it’s in huge flare up mode. So I’m back on them and struggling to get past 2 knowing full well the side effects will get better knowing full well I will be clear soon enough ... and yet at 5 am this morning I could have cheerfully put the whole lot in the bin. They are the harshest drug to cope with until you see the benefits and get some relief. You have to be tough and you have to make a joke of it otherwise you’ll just give in. I’m moving onto 3 next week if it kills me.

Posted Sun 18 Feb 2018 10.05 by Mini me

Hi All I have been taking 5 at one time I am 99.9% clear now, still have the odd little spot but the tablets have changed my life, I am more confident wear what I wish. I am now reducing the dose to hopefully have a maintenance dose, currently taking 3, the side effects can get you down, I no long have any side effects which is great, I have forgotten every so often to take them oh boy I know it, stick with it everyone so worth it in the end !!!

Posted Thu 1 Mar 2018 11.39 by Toodlesoodles

I'm now on my 10th week of fumaderm and have just completed the first week of 6 tablets (x2 240, 3 times a day) and I've reached this point without any side effects which I'm amazed about. Unfortunately I've not seen any improvement in my skin and I am starting to get worried that fumaderm might not work for me. The leaflet says results are normally seen after 5-6 weeks of starting the full strength tablets and from what I've read of people's experiences on psoriasis support groups, it took about 2 months for the late responders. I'm at that point now and worried that I have not seen any improvement, even to the very small spots of psoriasis I have on my arm that aren't thick. I had such high hopes and optimism about fumaderm and now I'm feeling quite low. Light therapy didn't work at all for me either.

Posted Sat 10 Mar 2018 16.13 by Paula

Hi I'm exactly the same I have been on 6 full strength for 4 week and I am into week 12 and have had no side affects,. Yet showing very little improvement. Really disappointed was hoping this was going to work for me after ciclorsorin,. Then acetretin which made all my hair fall out! Is this slow progress normal. Help!

Posted Sat 10 Mar 2018 19.02 by Linnie

Try cbd oil and childs farm moisturiser

Posted Sat 10 Mar 2018 20.10 by Toodlesoodles

Paula, were you given a time frame by your dermatologist of when you could expect the tablets to start working? And how was your experience with Cyclosporin? Cleared you nicely but then you had to come off it I'm guessing?

To take part, sign in or register with us