Fumaderm

Posted Sat 10 Mar 2018 20.27 by Paula

Hi, no I wasn't given a time frame, have just picked up a 3 month prescription last time I had my bloods done,. Fumaderm has stopped me getting new patches, just doesnt seem to be clearing the old, although the patches do seem quite flat, which is what first happens after light treatment. Ciclorsorin was fine, I was taking this a year and 100℅ clear although did seem to have a cold quite a lot as it lowers the immune system. I was taken off this as they don't like to prescribe it for to long which is when I started acetretin,. 8 weeks in to this all my hair fell out, which was traumatic as you can imagine. Was really hoping fumaderm was going to be the drug for me, especially as people do say they have taken it long term, even running into years. I never experienced any side effects either, not even one stomach ache!

Posted Mon 12 Mar 2018 19.29 by Toodlesoodles

Hmm, if the patches appear flatter and you aren't using any steroids on your skin then perhaps the tablets are starting to work for you? Unlike my case where I can 100% say there hasn't been a smidge of improvement. I have read a few people say they didn't see improvement for 3 months which is still 3 weeks away for me but is the point you are at. Perhaps like I said though, it's starting to work for you? Please keep me updated and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I was told I'm not suitable for methotrexate and I refused acitretin because of the awful side effects (the hair loss you mention being the main one). Spose if it comes down to it I'll give Cyclosporin a try if for no other reason I think they'll want me to try another treatment on this level before progressing to the next tier of meds. Just don't know if watching your skin clear and then seeing it all come back when you are inevitably taken off the Cyclosporin is better or worse than just to carry on and deal with your skin as it is..

Posted Fri 16 Mar 2018 08.23 by Gareth

Fumaderm is a consultant-only, prescription medicine for a reason. It should not be sought or provided like this. Administrators - is this a site for trading medications? Pav Baker - if you think you need more Fumaderm, see your dermatologist.

Posted Fri 16 Mar 2018 08.24 by Linnie

I love human kindness

1 Posted Fri 16 Mar 2018 08.26 by Gareth

By offering unregulated Fumaderm, you could be causing severe medical problems. That would be really kind.

Posted Fri 16 Mar 2018 08.40 by Linnie

Life isn’t as easy as always having enough because you missed an appointment or you lost some or whatever reason. I’ve ran out of things before and a fb group I’m on share because we all facing the same disease. It’s about helping each other in this world not being spiteful he’s already on fumaderm and I have too many. If by some crazy chance he’s a nutter wanting to trial it he’s in for a nasty shock isn’t he because no one in their right mind would take them unless they had to. But if admin or you or anyone else wants to kick me off the group because I want to help then so be it, if someone wants to rap my knuckles then so be it. I’m sure I’ll live with it,

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 08.26 by Paula

Hi toodlesoodles, So just finished week 12 and must say last couple of days I have noticed a marked improvement. Plaques much flatter and definitely started to fade. It's looking like the fumaderm is starting to work. How are you getting on?

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 10.53 by Toodlesoodles (edited Mon 19 Mar 2018 11.44 by Toodlesoodles)

Hi paula, That's very good news. :) So glad it appears to be working for you. No change for me yet I don't think. Can I ask, what date exactly did you start the medication if you remember? I started Thursday the 4th of January. And have you followed the dosing exactly? I have to admit that I got a bit annoyed/upset (at the thought the tablets aren't working) during the 5 a day full strength week and skipped up to 6 tablets midway through that week which I assumed to be harmless as side effects aren't an issue for me. So I will have been on full strength for 3 weeks this coming Sunday. Do you know how long exactly it is you've been on them? Also if you don't mind me asking, how severe is your psoriasis and what areas do you have it? My legs are the worst area for me in terms of coverage and plague thickness. I have some on my arms and lower back but they are all very small spots that aren't thick.

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 12.15 by Paula

Hi, Yes started 20th Dec,. And have stuck to the dose, although I was only taking 5 a day up to end of week 10 as my appointment was cancelled and was only give a emergency prescription for week 8 to 10 which was only 5 a day, started six a day at week ten and will be week 13 this week. Only.last couple of days seen a significant change. My legs are the worst also, quite bad on my lower leg and also my arms but more backs of my arms, I don't tend to suffer with any on my torso luckily, and a little on my face around my eyes and eyebrows,. I haven't got as much as usual I had just finished a full year of ciclorsorin so hadn't had a full flare up, and although the fumaderm hasn't cleared up why I have it has seemed to stop new patches .

Posted Wed 28 Mar 2018 11.56 by wymlen

I had palmo plantar psoriasis and had treatment with Fumaderm in Germany. It was very effective and cleared the psoriasis in 10-12 weeks. However, I believe it compromised my immune system as 18 months after this I developed lymphoma and later shingles followed by PHN which is a constant pain in the affected area. I now have palmo-plantar psoriasis again but will not risk taking any immunosuppressant medication. That leaves few options for an effctive treatment but am now looking for a methotrexate gel than can be applied topically.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 2018 14.30 by Toodlesoodles

Paula, how is it going? you still having improvement with the fumaderm? I'm 4 and half weeks into 6 a day full strengths now and still seeing absolutely no improvement. just isn't going to happen by the looks of things.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 2018 16.07 by Paula

Hi,. Yes do think it is clearing but very slowly,. Just starting week 14, does seem to be fading and getting flatter. Yet same as you, not sure it's going to completely clear,. Although I'm trying to rain optimist if.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 13.19 by Paula

Hi Toodlesoodles,. So woke up this morning to a bit of a flare up, of what appears to be guttate plaques,. All over my legs,. So seriously p****d off right now, certainly looking like fumaderm isn't working for me! Extremely sick to death of psoriasis! You had any improvement yet?

Posted Sun 1 Apr 2018 18.46 by Toodlesoodles

hey Paula. nah still no improvement for me. got my next dermatology appointment in a couple weeks so I will see what she says. hoping I can go onto the next tier of meds but I feel I'm going to have to try methotrexate or Cyclosporin first. sorry to hear about the flare. hopefully it's just temporary blup9 and the fumaderm is working like it looked like it may be doing just before.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 15.21 by jocko

My dermatologist is refusing to prescribe Fumaderm that I have been on for some time. It is the most successful form of treatment I have ever tried. I don't understand how they can stop this treatment for no medical reason. Maybe it's my age as I have just turned 65. Hope not.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 17.05 by Gareth

Fumaderm is being/has been withdrawn from prescription in the UK. Your dermatologist should have replaced it with a prescription for Skilarence - essentially the same stuff, but with a different name and approved by NICE as a treatment for psoriasis (Fumaderm was never approved in the UK). I changed from Fumaderm to exactly the same dose of Skilarence just over a month ago, and there has been no deterioration in my psoriasis.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 17.43 by Mini me

I went to see my dermatologist Yesterday and he still prescribed it to me, and no view or it been stopped, only drug that had ever worked for me I am now only taking one tablet a day to maintain I am 99.9% clear.

To take part, sign in or register with us