Exorex Lotion

Posted Tue 7 Mar 2017 13.55 by Hegatron

Hi all! I'm a newcomer to your forum although I've had Psoriasis constantly since 1964. Hope you don't mind a couple of questions. Is anyone still using Exorex Lotion in 2017? If so, do you get it on prescription? This lotion has always worked wonders for me in the past, dramatically reducing the P over 2-3 month treatment cycles. Unfortunately it seems to be getting harder to obtain, and very expensive too. Now the P is flaring badly again and I'd love to find a reliable, cheap supply.

Posted Tue 7 Mar 2017 14.46 by Southernbel45
I have had psoriasis for 65 years

there are 41 sellers on ebay but it's quite expensive isn't it?

Posted Tue 7 Mar 2017 16.38 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

The latest BNF is still showing it as a NICE approved substance, so to follow on from that, a doctor should be able to issue a NHS script for a supply to a patient with long standing P

Posted Wed 8 Mar 2017 11.06 by Hegatron

Thank you Southernbel45. As you rightly say, there is plenty available on eBay. In fact I just purchased some. Here's hoping :-)

Posted Wed 8 Mar 2017 11.16 by Hegatron

Thank you thin-skinned for your informative reply. It must be 5 years since my last precription for Exorex. ALL our local pharmacies claimed it was unavailable and I ended up buying some online. Perhaps it is now worth trying again. I will certainly mention it at the surgery next visit.

To take part, sign in or register with us